Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Maybe for the £50m Southampton wanted for Ward-Prowse, we could go after Doucoure and Cantwell. Probably get Cantwell for less than £35m so total would likely be lower. I just think he is very different to our other midfield options, and has a lot of potential.

I'm gutted...  JWP will probably be off to a top 4 club next summer after someone triggers the relegation release clause his agent surely put into the contract (he has the same agent as Jack does and that's exactly what he did last summer when we didn't accept any bids for him).

TBH, if we are done spending this window, then we're probably going to re-evaluate the squad this season as we adapt to life without Jack pulling the strings for us.  I think there are also a lot of questions over just how good our defense is and if last season was a bit of a fluke or not for some of our players.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can't recall a time I've been happy about another side's player renewing a contract before.

Not a re-signing but Liverpool nicking David Speedie from under our noses was a massive relief to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe for the £50m Southampton wanted for Ward-Prowse, we could go after Doucoure and Cantwell. Probably get Cantwell for less than £35m so total would likely be lower. I just think he is very different to our other midfield options, and has a lot of potential.

Get Cantwell in Jan for £10m or next summer on a free?

• Like 1

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

I actually think Jack leaving, did alot more damage than is on the surface.

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

Please don't be angry with me, i'm just thinking out loud.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have we been done like a kipper for both JWP and ESR by the agents so they can get a big fat new contract?

Running out of options and time for the end of the window.

I love the ambition, though.  We're going after players who would massively improve us in both those positions.  

Just now, KMitch said:

I love the ambition, though.  We're going after players who would massively improve us in both those positions.  

Well its one thing putting a bid in, its another actually signing the players for the "next level"

Still remember the 90s when Doug apparently put bids in for Gascoigne and Juninho but no chance of them ever rocking up at B6.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

I think there could be something in that. If they are not convinced by Dean then it makes sense to see what he can do whilst keeping some aside for a new manager should he fail. It’s probably a sensible move too. Let’s see if he can get them ticking with what we already have. We do have a decent squad on the whole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don’t think so JV, I think it’s coincidence, but I do agree that there is another narrative regarding the coaching changes that isn’t being spoken about. 

I do think as good as Ings is, it was a knee jerk signing, it just changes how we play and that, coupled with new faces, is an unnecessary complication. The pre-season was poor as well, and that wasnt Grealish’s doing, it was EVERYTHING else, it was a shambles.

I do think however that Dean is under a lot of pressure now, he can’t have the dip we have had over the past two seasons, too much is now invested, falter and our bigger stars will look to leave too. It all unravels from there.

• Like 2

“It’s probably the first time in my career that I’ve had that link away and that talk, but I think I was very keen to sit down and talk to the club and it’s worked both ways; they’ve sat down and told me their admiration for me and the way they want me to lead the team – and this club has done so much for me, I can’t put into the words the opportunities and chances that they’ve given me and I’m incredibly grateful for the club for doing that.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-ward-21355953?utm_source=birmingham_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=avfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=

JWP - Fair play to him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well its one thing putting a bid in, its another actually signing the players for the "next level"

Still remember the 90s when Doug apparently put bids in for Gascoigne and Juninho but no chance of them ever rocking up at B6.

I mean, we signed Ings, Buendia, and Bailey.  They're definitely good enough to take us to the next level.  It's a shame we didn't get ESR and/or JWP, and we won't be able to land every single player we go after, but this is promising from our recruitment team.  

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not a bad shout mate but if it is to believed that Wes Eden’s wants out That could also be the reason for recouping the Grealish money. I agree though something isn’t quite right

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Not a bad shout mate but if it is to believed that Wes Eden’s wants out That could also be the reason for recouping the Grealish money. I agree though something isn’t quite right

Hold on, where has this come from?

What have I missed?

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Respect to JWP. Watch him leave next season for silly money if he has a good season.

£50 million is silly money for for JWP.

When we had the most fouled player in the league, he would have been a huge addition. 

Without the guarantee of those free kicks, not so much. 

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who knows, could well be possible. I wasn't to surprised Terry left, but, R'Ok was a wee eye opener, DS said it was all mutual. Time will tell I guess. 

Starting to get a not so good feeling about this season. The optimism with initial signings has fallen away. Suddenly we feel quite unprepared, don’t have a strong enough midfield at all, Ings feels more and more like a panic signing, coaches leaving so close to the start of the season. It just has a bit of a ‘last days of Randy’ feel to it. Hope I’m being super irrational. Sure I’ll feel differently after a couple of good games but can’t shake a bit of a negative feeling now. Probably just years of PTSD…

• Like 2