Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Imagine three or four years ago, someone saying we were a mid table premier league side… it seemed a million miles away. Thanks to NSWE, the players and to Dean Smith we are where we are now. It could’ve all been a lot worse.

Agreed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t all hope for more. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Imagine three or four years ago, someone saying we were a mid table premier league side… it seemed a million miles away. Thanks to NSWE, the players and to Dean Smith we are where we are now. It could’ve all been a lot worse.

I’m grateful for where we are. Yes we always want more and there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism but I personally haven’t been happier as a Villa fan for quite some time.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

The big difference this time is that in the last couple of years Villa has become the number one club in the UK in terms of attracting the very best young players. Even top six clubs have been missing out on players because of the perception that AVFC are now the best option for youth development.

Previous "long term plans" were pipe dreams built on shifting sand, in comparison to the concrete base that we're now building on.

Big issue with youth players going to Man City and Chelsea is because they know their chance to actually break through and play for those clubs is poor.  Unless you're someone of Foden/Mount's ability, it's going to be extremely unlikely that you'll actually play for them in more than the odd cup appearance.  The path to the Premier League at Villa is more realistic and that also may be part of the vision we're selling to the youngsters.  Also showing Davis, Ramsey, Carney, JPB, Archer, etc. starting to actually get minutes in the first team squad proves that we aren't lying to them just to get them to sign a contract.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t all hope for more. 

What is it they say? I don't mind the pain but its the hope that kills me! 

I see no-one is brave enough to open a January transfer thread yet :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm really hoping that our new signings (including Sanson) play as well as we believe they can. I also hope that two or three of our young players take to the Premier League like ducks to water.

If that happens we can give the January transfer window no more than just a passing glance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Xela said:

What is it they say? I don't mind the pain but its the hope that kills me! 

I see no-one is brave enough to open a January transfer thread yet :)

 

It’s because they know I’d probably ruin it for them! 

I want, I want, I want. Just like my kids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the source of most recent Villa fan angst is the realisation that we aren't going to do a Man City and relentlessly spend our way to glory.

There are plenty of good reasons why we haven't done that, but our rise in recent years has been such that many of us have either subconsciously hoped, or even fully believed that we were on that path or something similar.

It does hurt to have that feeling of continuous progress taken away (or slowed down a bit), but that's where we are at and we all just need to wise up and accept our journey is different.

What is the point in moaning about something you can't control? You just come across as an entitled twonk.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

What is the point in moaning about something you can't control?

To grumble and complain when faced with one's powerlessness is an essential act of agency. Few things are worse than internalizing frustrations in silence, even over existentially trivial things. Especially over existentially trivial things.

It's literally the only reason internet forums exist. Well, ok, that and porn.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

To grumble and complain when faced with one's powerlessness is an essential act of agency. Few things are worse than internalizing frustrations in silence, even over existentially trivial things. Especially over existentially trivial things.

It's literally the only reason internet forums exist. Well, ok, that and porn.

Well yes, it might feel like it's helping, but it's still largely pointless, particularly while the things being moaned about are often moot or unreasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â