Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This way of thinking confuses me so much. Seriously, there seems to be this idea that football is over this year.

Leeds were in the championship 2 years ago. West Ham barely survived a couple of years ago. Everton have spent millions to build over the last few years. There's always going to be different teams fighting for those top spots. Wolves were there not long back, Southampton have had their moments. 

Where has the lack of patience come from? We haven't been a consistent midtable team since MON left. Why don't we try and achieve that before we panic that we'll never achieve anything if we don't spent another £50 million on one player this summer. 

So you are confused by why of thinking? You don’t agree with it, is what you mean. That’s fair enough, football is about opinions.

14 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Bloody hell and we think WE’VE got too many players to choose from just look at this ffs 🤦🏽‍♂️ Incredible amount of options, I wouldn’t want this problem as it causes unrest anyway within the squad, midfield especially they got three options for each spot whereas we have our players used in a more versatile way

8BF86854-EF23-4000-8F05-BAC7BD85B4D4.jpeg

They're a bit short of slabheads and rats.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They're a bit short of slabheads and rats.

Crazy just think all the players that are second choice especially midfield and attack would be starting for us guaranteed 

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure about Van der Beek… might cause a lot of fowls 

Poultry excuse for a joke. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, I'm confused by it.

Oh, ok. I’m confused as to why you’re confused. It isn’t really that hard to understand.

Edited by WHY

Well done to Southampton as they may just have secured their Premier survival. Key players in key positions are hugely important.

I hope Dean and co realise that centre midfield will be key to whether we flourish or struggle this season. I'd love to know what they're really thinking behind the scenes this transfer window.

• Like 2

Just now, WHY said:

Oh, ok. I’m confused as to why you’re confused. It isn’t really that hard to understand.

I'm confused because this panic is based on nothing. It also seems to ignore the entire history of Premier league football. 

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Well done to Southampton as they may just have secured their Premier survival. Key players in key positions are hugely important.

I hope Dean and co realise that centre midfield will be key to whether we flourish or struggle this season. I'd love to know what they're really thinking behind the scenes this transfer window.

I wonder how much JWP's release clause is.

Just trying to catch up. I've skimmed the last ten or so pages. My summary as follows:

• JWP is both a fantastic player who will improve us in many ways but he's also no better than Westwood and will offer nothing different.
  • Sanson is either a pressing midfielder, a box to box midfielder with defensive skills or an attacking midfielder
  • McKennie is either similar to Sanson or nothing like him at all. He's also like JWP or nothing like him at all. 
  • No mention of Bissouma at all. Not acceptable. He must be mentioned on every page despite us never being linked. 
  • Some people prefer untested African players from France to proven Premier league players.
  • Some people prefer proven Premier league players to untested African players form France. 
  • ...and random posters like me and you know what Villa need more than the manager, coaching staff and analysts at the club
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I cannot see any new signings. Maybe a few outgoings but that assumes teams will pay to have Wesley and Hourihane etc. Loans do not help us.

You might be right, unfortunately.

Going to be a frustrating season.