Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Starting to get a not so good feeling about this season. The optimism with initial signings has fallen away. Suddenly we feel quite unprepared, don’t have a strong enough midfield at all, Ings feels more and more like a panic signing, coaches leaving so close to the start of the season. It just has a bit of a ‘last days of Randy’ feel to it. Hope I’m being super irrational. Sure I’ll feel differently after a couple of good games but can’t shake a bit of a negative feeling now. Probably just years of PTSD…

Talk about overreactions...  Our preseason was cut short because of COVID, our team has had a lot of injuries and late returns due to the summer football tournaments, so we look disjointed and unfit.  We aren't the only team looking like this right now, though.  Give it until October and if things still appear shambolic, then start panicking.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

I actually think Jack leaving, did alot more damage than is on the surface.

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

Please don't be angry with me, i'm just thinking out loud.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

Nah, I think you’re just bored out of your mind and have let your imagination run wild lol. Funny enough though, my own conspiracy mind starting spinning and I thought “maybe we brought in Ings to try and sway JWP.” 

I personally think all of this is just very unfortunate timing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not really sure we were anything other than speculative about JWP and ESR tbh.

Certainly £25m was never going land JWP

Nope it was going to take between 40 and 50 million. New contract with release clause apparently. Time to look elsewhere now.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With all due respect, his loyalty really wasn’t tested with our interest! We’re not exactly In with a real chance of winning trophies this season.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Nah, I think you’re just bored out of your mind and have let your imagination run wild lol. Funny enough though, my own conspiracy mind starting spinning and I thought “maybe we brought in Ings to try and sway JWP.” 

I personally think all of this is just very unfortunate timing.

It all being bad coincidence probably makes the most sense to be fair. Lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Starting to get a not so good feeling about this season. The optimism with initial signings has fallen away. Suddenly we feel quite unprepared, don’t have a strong enough midfield at all, Ings feels more and more like a panic signing, coaches leaving so close to the start of the season. It just has a bit of a ‘last days of Randy’ feel to it. Hope I’m being super irrational. Sure I’ll feel differently after a couple of good games but can’t shake a bit of a negative feeling now. Probably just years of PTSD…

Villa conditioning eh?  I'm the same but had we won on Saturday the mood on here would have been so different.  3-0 against toon this weekend and it will happy days again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, full respect. Also, it sounds like the BS we were all fed last year when Man Utd wouldn’t meet Villa’s valuation of Macbeth and he signed a new deal. 

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I know you English are stereotypically dour to begin with, but are Brummies even more cynical than the rest?    I'm truly baffled by all the doom and gloom around here right now...

Brummies are known for moaning yes

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I know you English are stereotypically dour to begin with, but are Brummies even more cynical than the rest?    I'm truly baffled by all the doom and gloom around here right now...

One of the guys on Claret and Blue podcast said as much several months ago

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yes. But in the case of Aston Villa we have years of promise followed by disappointment to fall back on.

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

A line of thought similar to this has also crossed my mind, tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I dunno if it's Brummies or just this site, but I had to stay away for the end of the relegation season and a lot of the C'ship spell, as it had become the most depressing place on the internet.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It always reminds when fans clammer:- 

"He's a good manager - but needs to appoint a defensive coach"

Have things improved rapidly with the appointment of Craig Shakespeare so much that the higher echolen s think ...."hmmmm what were the other coaches doing" ????

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shoulda took Cahill, just gone to Bournemouth. Could have played for a season, then moved into the role Terry had.

We have 4 cbs better than him. When was he going to play?

• Like 3