Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I know you English are stereotypically dour to begin with, but are Brummies even more cynical than the rest?    I'm truly baffled by all the doom and gloom around here right now...

Brummies are definitely more self deprecating and tend to look on the negative side. A lot of it is said in jest though and to provoke a laugh. 

Ask a Mancunian about Manchester and they'll wax lyrical about how wonderful it is and how it's the best city in the country. Ask a Brummie about Birmingham and they'll probably chuckle, tell you it's shit and the traffic is terrible. The reality is, both places are similar. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

I actually think Jack leaving, did alot more damage than is on the surface.

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

Please don't be angry with me, i'm just thinking out loud.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

Why would they do that and potentially waste a season and leave us in a mess.

Why wouldn't they just sack him? Not like we couldn't afford any compensation. 

John Terry explained why he's left and the ROK departure now makes sense after what they've said. 

I think you're way off the mark. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why would they do that and potentially waste a season and leave us in a mess.

Why wouldn't they just sack him? Not like we couldn't afford any compensation. 

John Terry explained why he's left and the ROK departure now makes sense after what they've said. 

I think you're way off the mark. 

What was said about the ROK departure?

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

What was said about the ROK departure?

That Dean was looking to bring in another coach, which would have pushed ROK down the pecking order and he didn't want that. 

I believe that was the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

When have our new owners ever disappointed us in the past 3 years?

• They saved us from bankruptcy
  • They got us promoted their first season in charge
  • They kept us in the Premier League our first season back up
  • They continue to pump 100s of millions of pounds into the transfer market season after season
  • They tried to match Man City's ridiculous contract salary to Jack

Things are different now...  We had Deadly Doug, who had business sense but not enough money to compete in the Premier League, Randy Lerner, who had money for a bit, but no business sense, and Xia, who had neither.  Now, we have two of the best owners in the Premier League and everyone still assumes the worst.

Yes we have excellent owners now but I have been a Villa fan for over 60 years and my memories are long. On the issue of Doug - he meant well but was risk averse to the point he held us back. Under Doug we finished second in the first year of the Premiere League but complacency set in and we have never really bothered the scorer again. I do hope our new owners are successful but my hopes are influenced by years of failure. Forty years ago we won the league followed by the European Cup and Super Cup (beating Barcelona). Since then a few League Cups nothing more!

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will raise holy hell with some people,  and not necessarily a scenario I want either. However, Conspiracies' have been running amuck in my brain.

The combo of Headband pissing off, plus the coaches, and a bit of disorientation. ( Were the coaches leaving Deano's decision? )

Has any one sort of been wondering if the board might slowly be leaving Deano to sink or swim?

Have they lost 100 percent faith in him? Won't commit to blowing another 100 mill or so etc until they decide if he is the man to take us to the next level?

I actually think Jack leaving, did alot more damage than is on the surface.

Blindsided everyone, disappointed everyone, made people contemplate changing strategies etc.

Please don't be angry with me, i'm just thinking out loud.

This could all be ( Most likely be ) absolutely bollox, and spawned fan paranoia out of boredom.

thumbs-up-conspiracy.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

JWP probably would have signed if shinnie ShinSplints was still here. There's also a possibility that Barnett wanted a CL release clause for JWP too and we possibly baulked at it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club shy away from dealing with Barnett for a while. He is only after his own interests

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I'm gutted...  JWP will probably be off to a top 4 club next summer after someone triggers the relegation release clause his agent surely put into the contract (he has the same agent as Jack does and that's exactly what he did last summer when we didn't accept any bids for him).

I think he is a good player, but not top 4 quality. He is turning 27 later this year, if he was top 4 quality he would have been bought by one of those clubs already. Imo he is one of the best among the rest.