Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That Dean was looking to bring in another coach, which would have pushed ROK down the pecking order and he didn't want that. 

I believe that was the case. 

So in theory, if that’s the case of course, we should be getting another coach anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

So in theory, if that’s the case of course, we should be getting another coach anytime soon. 

I've been pretending to be ITk all day (great fun) and I can confirm that this is possible. We should be thinking about weakening someone, like raiding Leicester for a coach.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brummies are definitely more self deprecating and tend to look on the negative side. A lot of it is said in jest though and to provoke a laugh. 

Ask a Mancunian about Manchester and they'll wax lyrical about how wonderful it is and how it's the best city in the country. Ask a Brummie about Birmingham and they'll probably chuckle, tell you it's shit and the traffic is terrible. The reality is, both places are similar. 

I think Brummies are just realists rather than negative.  Don't get over excited and ludicrously big headed like those up north and those down south, but just keep our feet on the ground. 

Northerners just have massive chips on their shoulder and carry it with Bravado and southerners just think they're superior to anyone outside the South. 

The main problem is there are a few bedwetters and borderline trolls on VT. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've been pretending to be ITk all day (great fun) and I can confirm that this is possible. We should be thinking about weakening someone, like raiding Leicester for a coach.

How about this one ?

1F2E0BC7-26D6-4667-BBFE-645A971598AC.webp

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes we have excellent owners now but I have been a Villa fan for over 60 years and my memories are long. On the issue of Doug - he meant well but was risk averse to the point he held us back. Under Doug we finished second in the first year of the Premiere League but complacency set in and we have never really bothered the scorer again. I do hope our new owners are successful but my hopes are influenced by years of failure. Forty years ago we won the league followed by the European Cup and Super Cup (beating Barcelona). Since then a few League Cups nothing more!

Oh how I’d settle for another few League Cups. I’m easy pleased.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I guess we’re all bored and restless and overly downbeat after an opening day defeat… but I still don’t see the need for conspiracy theories, negativity or bed wetting…

After losing a player we were so heavily reliant on and who took most of the limelight away from our club in all honesty, we are in the midst of a new era. I’m actually looking forward to it tbh… I find it refreshing…

Since NSWE & Dean came in, we’ve only gone forwards or upwards… let’s sit back and enjoy the journey, there should be less pressure after that departure too. We were seemingly being forced to appease one player… I don’t think it was healthy really. We can put those funds to good use too, whether that is in the short or long term…

We needn’t be in a major rush to achieve or win things, let’s stop being so impatient or fickle, and not place any unnecessary, extra pressure on our excellent manager and players…

Tbh, I just want to be entertained. And we have players that bring that and a manager that encourages it too (who was the last one?!).

We’ve done good business so far and may well do more before the window shuts. We’re in a great position to strengthen in forthcoming windows too…

We have no financial difficulties or debt, our owners are doing plenty to improve us both on and off the pitch, we have exciting players and great personalities. We’re in a much better place compared to other clubs…

No disruptive personalities, deadbeats or deadwood either - we’ve managed to clear out the trash really well…

There’s no such thing as a quick fix, no shortcuts to success unless it’s unethical methods that will one day bite you in the ass… we’ll do things properly and it’s another source of pride for us fans…

There will be ups and there will be downs but ultimately, we are determined to be successful. The future still looks bright…

Anyway, I think the mood needs to change and a victory at VP will do wonders.

For now, maybe it’s time to give this another viewing…

Chins up lads… we’ll be fine.

UTV

TL;DR