Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm confused because this panic is based on nothing. It also seems to ignore the entire history of Premier league football. 

What panic??? So because I think we should try and take advantage now, I’m panicking. 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I would suggest that's highly unlikely!

JWP and ESR next summer

What odds can I get? Chuck Rashica in there as well! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Well done to Southampton as they may just have secured their Premier survival. Key players in key positions are hugely important.

I hope Dean and co realise that centre midfield will be key to whether we flourish or struggle this season. I'd love to know what they're really thinking behind the scenes this transfer window.

Nah no chance. They’re still in serious trouble. James Ward-Prowse will be half the price come the summer, if we should still be interested.

When it comes to box to box talent in midfield, we are stacked. McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey, Chuckwuemeka are all good options, although they’re perhaps all a bit samey. I’m not worried that we’ll struggle, if we get the system right, because our midfield from last year wasn’t the thing that hindered our progress. It was what we did at the top end without Grealish. We’ve at least attempted to solve that problem. 

have we just been pawns in an agent's game again? ESR now JWP? we had zero chance of getting ESR and i bet it was the same with JWP too...just games to get him a better deal and us mugs went along with it

• Like 1

I think we will wanna keep Carney in and around the first team squad this season, so he trains and learns from elite athletes, and also receive a higher calibre of coaching. His development at this age is crucial, and I’d rather he stayed here to learn. Next season it could be a different matter and his development could be helped by going out to say a promoted/aspiring Prem team perhaps, to hopefully play most weeks and get regular game time into him..

Also, I think that these Kids coming through over the next two seasons are gunna be the real deal… I know we’ve been here before with  NEXTGN - promised so much but delivered so little. However, this time feels different though

I think if we don’t sign another player, then that shows IMO the faith they have in, Carney, J (&A?) Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Philogene-Bidace, to play a meaningful role in the squad throughout this season. They deserve their shot as Carney aside, they’ll all be 19 yo by Jan so prime time for them to step up and hopefully continue to improve and save us £€£€£ long term. There is No point signing players for the sake of it and I trust them that if we are finished then youth is way forwards… This will obviously be changeable hourly and dependent also on outgoings… Marv, Hause? 

Ps:#announceMcKennie 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

have we just been pawns in an agent's game again? ESR now JWP? we had zero chance of getting ESR and i bet it was the same with JWP too...just games to get him a better deal and us mugs went along with it

We've helped earn some players a nice payrise this summer. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Seeing as can’t post in the jwp thread.. I am a little disappointed we didn’t sign him.

we had no chance. agent just using us to get another 20k a week onto his contract.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Nobody here knows, nor will they ever. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WHY said:

What panic??? So because I think we should try and take advantage now, I’m panicking. 

Your original post seemed to be panicking. You're worrying about other clubs getting stronger and are hypothetically talking about struggling to sign players 2 years down the line and having our players want to leave. 

Like I said, I don't really get it. 

I'm actually happy thats over .

My only worry is that he was all they were targeting 🙄.

Honestly, we could get an outstanding CM/DCM for the type of most we were trying to splash on him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nobody here knows, nor will they ever. 

no, but that's the way it appears

ESR i think it's a safe bet that we never had a hope of signing him and the JWP situation seems very similar