Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Lunchtime boredom - Private flights in to Birmingham from Nice (Nice and Monaco) and Salzburg (RB Salzburg) today.

Speculate away on the likes of Mohamed Camara!

Man likes his drugs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just hidden a post and now I don't know how to unhide it as I can't see it, but basically I think Brenden Aaronson at Salzburg looks a good player.

Let me know when you unlock that post, I'm intrigued, must be a corker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

This is very important. We have some very talented strikers/wingers but if we don’t really control the ball in midfield or have the ability to release the talent we have up front, we’ll never get the proper value out of them. 

There’s a reason why the likes of Burnley play deep and defensive football, clogging up the midfield and breaking up play. They don’t have the creative players in midfield or up front, so when they go forward they bypass the midfield and rely on long balls and set pieces. By having a deeper play maker we can get more out of the talent in front of him. Taking a good free kick would be a nice change too. 

You can only use stats as a guide obviously and I can see where the No's to JWP are coming from but you have to do as you say and bare in mind Jim playing in a better team of players. Our only guide to this is the games he played for England, if someone could find those stats then we may have a clearer picture. 

30 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just hidden a post and now I don't know how to unhide it as I can't see it, but basically I think Brenden Aaronson at Salzburg looks a good player.

Mentioned him before as a player to keep an eye on.. still very raw but has bags of talent and potential… Been keeping an eye on him and Josh Sargent the past few seasons… 

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

I don't think its that necessarily as from what I understand Allegri likes him pretty good; think its more that with signing Locatelli he might perhaps be surplus to requirements and any reasonable transfer fee will be taken into consideration. Since he's American, I tend to have kept up with him at Schalke and Juve and both clubs fans rate and like him as far as I can tell.

I think he would be great signing. Can play all over the midfield, can score and defend, and has a hardass demeanor if you will at times, that we need when games get tough.I would love love love for us to get him. As I said earlier in the thread, I do think it will take at least 25 but prob more than 30 to get him. I think he's worth it.

30 million for him seems like a bargain when you take into account the figures being mentioned for JWP.

And as with alll American footballers at the minute, World Cup in 2026. Marketing opportunities and money, money, money. So paying a little over the odds now might turn out to be a sound investment in the long run.

• Like 2

I think the hide post is basically the same thing as deleting it, as I can't find a way of unhiding it. Presumably it's called 'hide' instead of delete, because 'mods' can still see it. It went something like this:

I wondered if we might go for Brenden Aaronson, I've watched him a few times and he looks a good player.

I didn't write this down but also thought: 'if it's true that we want a versatile attacking midfielder he could be that option, an alternative to Cantwell, if there was ever any truth to that link'.

Edited by useless

I think Arsenal spending £50m on White, and us selling Grealish for £100m, has pushed the price of experienced English talent even higher than before. That’ll be one of the reasons why Ward-Prowse, although a high price at £50m, is probably the going rate for a player of his ability and experience.

I guess the question is do we want to take a calculated risk on a player from another European league, or go with tried and tested at a higher price.

Personally, I think Ward-Prowse would be a quality signing. However, if we’re not going for him I would like us to go for Boubacar Kamara because he looks class and knows Sanson.

I do think we need another attacking player, hopefully Damsgaard, as we’ve replaced Grealish and Barkley, but I felt that we needed something better as cover for Grealish last season. If we sell El Ghazi, which could happen, bringing in Damsgaard would be great.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Awol said:

You mean he’s the new Gareth Barry? We could use that player. 

Thing is you don’t have to take his set-piece ability away when considering him, it’s a key part of the game we totally stink at. 

We have young and bailey for that , i dont think JWP is this special player some of us are raving about and he doesn’t bring us to a different level he will just keep us ticking

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know people are deadset against it, but we could and possibly should have a complete overhaul of our midfield in this window if we can. 
With the money we have at our disposal we could really transform our team. Sell Nakamba, loan out Hourihane, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka. There will be clubs queuing up for Ramsey and Chuk. Then go out and buy two top quality central midfielders. 

No way would we loan out Chuk thats insane !! Your talking about a player that can cause the same impact as Bellingham at Dortmund. He goes Nowhere!! 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No way would we loan out Chuk thats insane !! Your talking about a player that can cause the same impact as Bellingham at Dortmund. He goes Nowhere!! 

I’d loan him out personally. How many games will he get here? 10-20, including cup games, at a guess.

Ramsey made about 25 appearances last year for us, but the majority were bit part <30 minute appearances. Our youngsters should be proving themselves in the Championship, if possible, instead of playing a handful of full games, first team cameos, and then the rest of the season rolling out for the reserves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Arsenal spending £50m on White, and us selling Grealish for £100m, has pushed the price of experienced English talent even higher than before. That’ll be one of the reasons why Ward-Prowse, although a high price at £50m, is probably the going rate for a player of his ability and experience.

I guess the question is do we want to take a calculated risk on a player from another European league, or go with tried and tested at a higher price.

Personally, I think Ward-Prowse would be a quality signing. However, if we’re not going for him I would like us to go for Boubacar Kamara because he looks class and knows Sanson.

I do think we need another attacking player, hopefully Damsgaard, as we’ve replaced Grealish and Barkley, but I felt that we needed something better as cover for Grealish last season. If we sell El Ghazi, which could happen, bringing in Damsgaard would be great.

I think we’re already having a headache squeezing all our attackers in the line up so not sure however i do agree only if we move one of our current attacking players on

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’d loan him out personally. How many games will he get here? 10-20, including cup games, at a guess.

Ramsey made about 25 appearances last year for us, but the majority were bit part <30 minute appearances. Our youngsters should be proving themselves in the Championship, if possible, instead of playing a handful of full games, first team cameos, and then the rest of the season rolling out for the reserves.

Like Greenwood,rashford,rooney,bellingham did, because i forgot they were all too young to stick around and play

2 hours ago, sne said:

He did get into a bit of trouble for throwing a birthday party and breaking Covid protocol while Turin was under curfew. Was banned and fined by the club.

Buy him and after a couple of parties and a driving ban, flog him to Man City for £100m. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Buy him and after a couple of parties and a driving ban, flog him to Man City for £100m. 

Since I've not read about any other incidents with Weston I'm choosing to see it as a one off youthful mistake that he will have learned from. :D 

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think the hide post is basically the same thing as deleting it, as I can't find a way of unhiding it. Presumably it's called 'hide' instead of delete, because 'mods' can still see it. It went something like this:

I wondered if we might go for Brenden Aaronson, I've watched him a few times and he looks a good player.

I didn't write this down but also thought: 'if it's true that we want a versatile attacking midfielder he could be that option, an alternative to Cantwell, if there was ever any truth to that link'.

Good shout. Scored the winner for Salzburg in their recent UCL qualifier and would be a nice addition. Have been keeping up with him as well, can play as a number 10 and the other midfield positions also with great feet and can be quite creative also. American soccer is on the up and this young dude is right at the forefront of it. Only cost I think around 5 or 6 up for Salzburg to get him from the Union.

I think we could get him for 10 or maybe just a tad more and would be an exceptional piece of business.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Good shout. Scored the winner for Salzburg in their recent UCL qualifier and would be a nice addition. Have been keeping up with him as well, can play as a number 10 and the other midfield positions also with great feet and can be quite creative also. American soccer is on the up and this young dude is right at the forefront of it. Only cost I think around 5 or 6 up for Salzburg to get him from the Union.

I think we could get him for 10 or maybe just a tad more and would be an exceptional piece of business.

While you can only play whats in front of you the other team and his own look absolutely terrible.