Ross Barkley

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A sad regression, both from the heights of the start of the season, and from the very slight mini-revival he was staging over the last 2 or 3 matches.

Rank tonight. He looked pretty upset when he came off, I find it hard to be too mad at him, I feel like he's fully aware it's all gone to shit.

He looked bright in the 1st few minutes tonight as well

His regression is only slightly worse than McGinn's. Its a shame, could have been great if it wasnt for covid, the injury to both him and Grealish, and could still be but I dont think the club will now risk it unless the price is too good to turn down.

I would just let him go back to Chelsea  now. Pay the wages and say thanks.

It's becoming destructive to all parties.

A waste of a shirt for us

Embarrassing for him

Chelsea ending up not being able to shift him on.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Listen, I think he's been very poor since before Christmas and am glad he's off back to Chelsea so we can kick on. 

But the above is a little bit OTT.

Lol I know right?

Chill out mate, it ain’t that deep. It hasn’t worked out and he’s going back to Chelsea. We go again 

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Embarrassing for him

Thats the best bit.

• Haha 1

Would love to know his passing stats tonight. Seemed there was five minute spell in second half where he was constantly teeing up Everton players for counter attacks from the halfway line.

With Jack back this will be his last ever start for us thankfully.

Very poor again...

Looks mentally shot or drained?

Camera focuses on him after his subbed and he's muttering to himself. His confidence must be in bits.

He'll be at the Barcodes next season fighting relegation. 

59 minutes ago, thunderball said:

His regression is only slightly worse than McGinn's. Its a shame, could have been great if it wasnt for covid, the injury to both him and Grealish, and could still be but I dont think the club will now risk it unless the price is too good to turn down.

McGinn works his arse off

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would love to know his passing stats tonight. Seemed there was five minute spell in second half where he was constantly teeing up Everton players for counter attacks from the halfway line.

With Jack back this will be his last ever start for us thankfully.

Ross was at 86.5 % as per Sky.he also made 2 key passes.  McGinn 86.2% and Dougie was at 92.6% . AEG was better than usual at 80% (usually 75%) Bertie was at 73% which is lower than usual for him usually around 80% (?) , Keinan was at 68.2% , Ramsey at 86.7%. 

Elmo who I thought had a decent enough cameo when he came on was at 83.4% compared to Cash who was at 75% (this will improve next season hopefully). Targett and Mings at 87% Konsa was 90% .

Jack? 100% - really!

• Shocked 2

Poor no denying it. Shame but he got us points this season I wish him well.

I do agree about his pressing/tackling someone else mentioned above. It was my main criticism of Conor as well. Sometimes you need to get in and actually press or even tackle. You cant stand off ALL the time.

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Embarrassing for him

For the first time, | actually felt kind of sorry for him today.

He looks frustrated and defeated as well, back in the dugout.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Poor no denying it. Shame but he got us points this season I wish him well.

I do agree about his pressing/tackling someone else mentioned above. It was my main criticism of Conor as well. Sometimes you need to get in and actually press or even tackle. You cant stand off ALL the time.

He doesn't make any attempt to get stuck in when a player is a few yards away. Baffling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Is there anyone on here (left) that would take him for say £8-£10 mill and with a hefty pay cut for the squad next season ? 

Not for me. He would just be another super inconsistent squad player.

It's obvious he has ability. But whether he's a true form/confidence player, and his injury and our stuttering form has meant he's never got it back, or he's just done at this level physically, it's clear he's not performing and shouldn't be on the pitch.

We'd be absolutely nuts to buy him.

Â