Ross Barkley

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Normality resumes its course. Didn't do much wrong, just didn't do much at all... 

he gave away the ball for their first two goals.  Probably would have been the 3rd to if he’d been on the pitch.

He's just absolutely done physically. Sure he can pop it about against an Everton side on the beach but in a high intensity PL game? No. Just no.

There was one point where he did a little Cruyff like turn and went to sprint away and he just went absolutely nowhere.

• Like 2

Nothing against the chap personally but I will have serious doubts about our progress if we pick him up permanently. He’s the second highest earner after Jack, taking home about 96K a week and I really can’t see any reason in retaining his services for that type of money, not even factoring in the potential transfer fee. I just think he’s part of a long line of England players which have been ridiculously overhyped and “never live up to their potential.” I just don’t think he’s a very good footballer. I don’t know if it’s ability or his passion for the game has gone but he just doesn’t cut it. 

• Like 2

It’s ridiculous we aren’t  giving our own young players game time instead of him.  No pressure and nothing to lose.  I just don’t understand it.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

It’s ridiculous we aren’t giving our own young players game time instead of him.  No pressure and nothing to lose.  I just don’t understand it.

I can't see any reason to play him or even have him on the bench for the rest of the season. He's utterly pointless to us. 

• Like 1

Just not good enough sadly, wanted him to be good but it just isn't happening. 

Some want him, some undecided and some definitely do not want him to sign, hopefully today should point all in the right direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just not good enough sadly, wanted him to be good but it just isn't happening. 

Some want him, some undecided and some definitely do not want him to sign, hopefully today should point all in the right direction. 

I’ll never want anyone who pulls on the shirt for us not to perform. If he played well in spite of the result I would applaud him for it but I think the consensus of people who think “there’s a player in there” is shrinking as each match passes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Smith should be sacked, just because of this persistence.  Feck off back to Chelsea 

That's where Smith is hung out to dry, Barkley has done OK last 2 games and was a no brainer to start imo... And then he goes and does that "performance" 

Kills us 

• Like 1

Don't think anyone wants someone in our shirt to fail. But 9/10 times you know it is Berkley who is our worst player. 

He kills our game. Slows it, wrong choices ,no effort, no bottle,no commitment all equals keep him away from our team. It will effect how other players think and play and no good will come of it.

4 games, 12 points, no Berkley means we have more chance of at least attempting to challenge for points.

Edited by brummybloke

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Don't think anyone wants someone in out shirt to fail. But 9/10 times you know it is Berkley who is our worst player. 

He kills our game. Slows it, wrong choices ,no effort, no bottle,no commitment all equals keep him away from our team. It will effect how other players think and play and no good will come of it.

4 games, 12 points, no Berkley means we have more chance of at least attempting to challenge for points.

This is embarrassing. Sort of thing I’d expect from school kids.

Poor performance from Barkley again though which suggests that his previous two performances weren’t the turnaround that I was hoping for from him.

I don't think he was good today but I also don't think he was as bad as is being made out.

It's a game where a number 10 is always going to struggle without possession. On the ball he's our best passer by a mile, unfortunately today he just didn't get the opportunity.

If we are judging our players in games like this then Cash, Mings, Martinez, Luiz, El Ghazi and Traore could also be slated for aspects of their game today.

He's now got two games against opposition that he can prove himself in.

• Like 1

Â