Ross Barkley

LondonLax

What I want to know is if Barkley carries on in this vein of form in our last 5 games, would people be upset at us signing him for £20mil?

Why is noone asking this question 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

What I want to know is if Barkley carries on in this vein of form in our last 5 games, would people be upset at us signing him for £20mil?

I’m sure many people have said their thoughts on this over the past few pages. 

If he really impressed from now until the end of the season and he was available for 20 million. Id trust Smith if he signed him. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure many people have said their thoughts on this over the past few pages. 

If he really impressed from now until the end of the season and he was available for 20 million. Id trust Smith if he signed him. 

I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by MOODMAN

Although in your defense it was a bad joke

Edited by skarroki
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I did ask if he was now worth 15 - 20 mill lol.

20 mill is half the mooted 40 mill, and is much easier to consider.

However, you then consider if we could get a younger player, with more fight and a higher ceiling than him for 20 mill.

I think the board would choose the latter.

However 20 mill would be alot easier to stomach.

I'm pretty certain Chelsea paid approximately £20-25 mill for him in 2018 so I'm sure they would listen to £20 mil.

It all depends which Ross Barkley you get.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean, who actually cares about that stuff? You, obviously, but I really don't see a player being upset at being substituted as a reason to write them off. 

As for the rest, what more can I say? I can only speak from experience of a nasty virus. Smith did, eventually, pull him out of the starting lineup.

As I said initially though, we really have no idea what has gone on, only that something hasn't been right with him. On the information I have, I wouldn't go near him.

So in the end despite our different reasoning, we agree that Ross isn't for us.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm pretty certain Chelsea paid approximately £20-25 mill for him in 2018 so I'm sure they would listen to £20 mil.

It all depends which Ross Barkley you get.

They paid £15m for him, ran his contract down at Everton remember being quite shocked at the fee,  he should be available at the £20m mark but these big teams tend to be greedy when it comes to selling 

Edited by gwi1890

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I prefer we don’t sign him as he comes across as a bit of a clearing in the woods. No idea if he is though. 

This is it for me, no I don't have inside info but my hunches are usually spot on, andy hunch is he's a massive word removed!

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I prefer we don’t sign him as he comes across as a bit of a clearing in the woods. No idea if he is though. 

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This is it for me, no I don't have inside info but my hunches are usually spot on, andy hunch is he's a massive word removed!

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're not the first person to suggest this.

As I've said as well, especially in a team which seems to have great spirit.

First time in a long time I've pretty much liked all our players as lads, even the ones who I don't necessarily rate as players.

Don't get the same vibes from him at all.

As pointed out though, could be totally off the Mark.

Jordan Ayew could possibly be the nicest guy in the world but we wouldn't know. lol

• Like 4

See, I think Ross Barkley is worth 20m pounds. However, if we finish in the top half I don't think we should be aiming to buy 20m pound players who've finished developing. They're not really gonna improve our squad that much anymore and its not like we're desperate for a player who plays his position. I say pocket the 20million and use it to fund other purchases instead.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

It's FOMO that makes me still interested in the idea of signing him. I can just see enough in his game to feel like it could all slot in to place some time soon and he finds some consistency in his game. If that does end up happening for him after he signs for a different club around our level I'll be gutted

Watching him after he has been substituted leads me to believe he is a bit of a knob. I think there is better value out there for £20 mil.

No thanks. 20 million and also then being highest paid player in our squad.

Even if he were not the highest paid player and was on £100k per week, a 4 year contract, he would cost another 21 million. Big no thank you.

Would rather we put that towards a more productive player.

• Thanks 1

I don't think you'd get anything near barkleys quality for £20m given the market at the moment.   You may get an unproven player who has the potential to be better than barkley but there's at more risk.  I accept the argument that maybe he is only a £20m player given his age and erratic form this year and we should be looking at £40m players for such a key position.

Â