Ross Barkley

LondonLax

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For the first time, | actually felt kind of sorry for him today.

He looks frustrated and defeated as well, back in the dugout.

Same here ... I think we were witnessing the penny finally drop that his elite level career is dwindling away. He is rumoured to be  very fond of a good night out and will no doubts go down in English football history as another wasted talent and poss career if he ain’t careful. Maybe a case of too much hype too young getting to his head as he has all the attributes to be a class player and showed glimpses early in his career for Everton and England. Good thing we were not obligated to buy this summer. 

• Like 3

Personally, I would say move this thread to 'other football', as we simply won't spend a penny on this transfer. He was truly excellent at first, a real match winner and so good he took pressure off Jack to deliver, then, nothing but tantrums and consistently terrible performances. I honestly don't even care why. Covid, homesickness, arrogance... who cares. Even playing him at this point is beyond explanation.

Remember when one of the owners asked DS to explain the tactics he was employing toward the end of last season coming out of the tunnel? The whole thing was caught on camera. If Barkley plays another minute for this club, I think the owners should ask for a thorough explanation, as it's impossible to see the benefit.

Shame it didn't work out after a bad start but he hasn't been good enough and his attitude looks horrible. Plays for himself. Bare minimum in effort. Wish him all the best. Needs to knuckle down wherever he ends up.

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I thought that.  He looks broken.  Like his body can't do the things he expects it to be capable of.  You usually see it with athletes who have aged or suffered serious injury and they just can't do it any more.

I feel like something has happened, physically or mentally, and the coaching staff are giving him every opportunity of trying to rediscover his magic but it's just not coming.

He doesn't need fans slagging him off or calling him a word removed.  He looks like he's his own biggest critic already.  He's only human.

Now, if he has been suffering from term Covid effects. Would that change anything in terms of peeps perception & thoughts at signing him at the right price? Something happened somewhere along the line, as it started so promisingly, same with Engels 🤔

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Marina Granovskaia ?

She is meant to be very very good. 

Her disregard of Barkley definitely impressed me :D

Was a good episode on Tifo Football about her a few weeks ago and she was also not happy with the Super League plans and was the one that pulled the plug for Chelsea

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Now, if he has been suffering from term Covid effects. Would that change anything in terms of peeps perception & thoughts at signing him at the right price? Something happened somewhere along the line, as it started so promisingly, same with Engels 🤔

If he's not fit to play, he doesn't play. Covid is an illness, he isn't ill, he is unfit for premier league football.

There are no excuses, long covid ? Wouldn't be training let alone being in the squad on match day.

Think that rules out any covid nonsense rumours. They all also wear monitoring aids which will show oxygen output heart rate and so on, again they wouldn't be picked if they were showing as Ill.

Face it, he just can't be bothered.

I think that he should change position and play the quarterback role. As a deep lying playmaker In the right set up I think it'll work well for him. With a couple of grafters alongside him he can hopefully revive the last few years of his career.

So much promise so much ability but as one or two have mentioned his body seems to be giving up on him. Apart from 4/5 sloppy passes he can still pass the ball nicely. 

6 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Personally, I would say move this thread to 'other football', as we simply won't spend a penny on this transfer. He was truly excellent at first, a real match winner and so good he took pressure off Jack to deliver, then, nothing but tantrums and consistently terrible performances. I honestly don't even care why. Covid, homesickness, arrogance... who cares. Even playing him at this point is beyond explanation.

You're a lovely chap. I hope if you ever suffer from a serious illness or homesickness that people are there to support you. You know, people showing empathy and all that.

9 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Remember when one of the owners asked DS to explain the tactics he was employing toward the end of last season coming out of the tunnel? The whole thing was caught on camera. If Barkley plays another minute for this club, I think the owners should ask for a thorough explanation, as it's impossible to see the benefit.

That's abit not nice.

I wish him all the best. He's obviously got something going on, hope he sorts it out. Shame it hasn't worked out.

I think it's because of the way we play to Chelsea that were having difficulty in getting there players to work for us.

I feel we would have more success with Liverpool or man city loans.

Â