Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

This is embarrassing. Sort of thing I’d expect from school kids.

Poor performance from Barkley again though which suggests that his previous two performances weren’t the turnaround that I was hoping for from him.

Are you aware Barkley, Berkley and Barclay are all names that actual people have, and they're all pronounced exactly the same?

I can't speak for the previous poster but it seems to me there's a good chance it's just a typo.

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Are you aware Barkley, Berkley and Barclay are all names that actual people have, and they're all pronounced exactly the same?

I can't speak for the previous poster but it seems to me there's a good chance it's just a typo.

Given the same poster has previously called him Dross Berkley and has been called out on it before I’d say a typo is pretty unlikely. This habit of giving players childish nicknames is pretty annoying whether they play for or against us.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Once might be a typo; used twice and it starts to look pointed (it does, after all, incorporate the word 'berk').

37 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Given the same poster has previously called him Dross Berkley and has been called out on it before I’d say a typo is pretty unlikely. This habit of giving players childish nicknames is pretty annoying whether they play for or against us.

agreed...it's something you see regularly on SHA. we're better than that.

The “long COVID” conspiracy theorists have gone very quiet. I thought that was the reason for his performances? No? Don’t fancy spending money on him now? Oh well.

• Like 1

Not good today, did you see him sprinting for the ball today? Man can't even run, it's a shame but he's hindering us.

I thought he was better against Everton but two steps back again.

Villa aren't signing him for £20-30 million, he also has no resale value. Signing Barkley would be madness.

Chukwuemeka would have offered us more today than Barkley.

On 09/05/2021 at 23:03, MrSmirch said:

The “long COVID” conspiracy theorists have gone very quiet. I thought that was the reason for his performances? No? Don’t fancy spending money on him now? Oh well.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2021 at 18:08, brummybloke said:

Don't think anyone wants someone in our shirt to fail. But 9/10 times you know it is Berkley who is our worst player. 

He kills our game. Slows it, wrong choices ,no effort, no bottle,no commitment all equals keep him away from our team. It will effect how other players think and play and no good will come of it.

4 games, 12 points, no Berkley means we have more chance of at least attempting to challenge for points.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2

2 rubbish sub appearances, 2 rubbish first team appearances. Rewarded with a further starting place where he finally played well. Against a team he has a passionate hatred for.

Having shown that he is capable of that performance, and followed it up by with that shower of $4!t I am now completely convinced he should never play for us again. He is a spent force and a complete waste of our time and money, and limits the experience our own players could get.

Send him back,  and let's develop our own players. Let him be someone else's lazy enigma.

Chelsea have a lot of cleaning out to do in the Summer .    Barkley, Loftus/Cheek, Tammy Abrahams, Batshuayi just to name a few !

On 09/05/2021 at 18:23, ciggiesnbeer said:

He has already done more than enough this season to justify his loan costs. But he has not done any where near enough for us to invest in him on a permanent.

The most sensible take on RB that I've seen anywhere - I agree completely 

• Like 3

On 09/05/2021 at 22:03, MrSmirch said:

Eyes What GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

tipped to join newcastle again this morning

his attitude in that environment would be perfect

I imagine the running stats between him and Shelvey would be interesting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

tipped to join newcastle again this morning

his attitude in that environment would be perfect

that would be the most newcastle/bruce signing ever. big wages and 5 year deal.

On 09/05/2021 at 22:03, MrSmirch said:

Sadio Mane is a brilliant example of a player's form dwindling after contracting COVID. Would you cut him loose so easily?

EDIT: I'm not saying we should sign Barkley, your post simply reeks of trying to point score so I had to bite.

Edited by AV82

Â