Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I hope he's good, does seem a little mad to pay 20 mill on a keeper who had 10 really good games only. 

This, 100%.

Why don't we just hang tight until Heaton is back and spend the money on Buendia, Benrahma and Rashica?

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

What happened to the Romero link that was all but a done deal?

This guy’s full name is Damián Emiliano Martínez Romero. I think a journo got wind we were after a goalkeeper with the surname Romero but it was Emi Martinez all along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I hope he's good, does seem a little mad to pay 20 mill on a keeper who had 10 really good games only. 

Do we know what budget we are working with? No, we don't.

There have been rumours of £100m, but like everything else, that can only be journalistic guess work.

If the club thinks we need players and we can afford them, go and get them.

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

No way he chooses Brighton over us. Expect it to be announced over the weekend 

Brighton has something to offer him that we don't (particularly if he's forgotten to pack his budgie smugglers):D:

image.jpeg.420bff26e4b70a12bae8f0be1b96c27a.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Is this sarcasm or not? Can't tell.  26 could be argued as young for a gk. 28, not for me. 

Yes, some GKs continue at the top level beyond 33, but most dont

That's what I mean by "pretty" young. 28 is around the age most goalies seem to become first choice, as far as I can tell.

Just saw this posted on Twitter and thought it might be of interest. I don't place a huge amount of stock in this kind of stuff (an Arsenal fan was using it to big up Martinez) but then I saw where Nyland was :lol:

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Just saw this posted on Twitter and thought it might be of interest. I don't place a huge amount of stock in this kind of stuff (an Arsenal fan was using it to big up Martinez) but then I saw where Nyland was :lol:

Saw this and this was all I could see to be honest, what a waste of money...

sdfsdf.GIF

• Haha 3

Â