Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

20m for a 28 year old who's barely played 50 games in his entire career. Jesus christ. Is this really an improvement on Steer and Nyland?

Compare the general opinion on both keepers on this site, to the general opinion on Martinez on any Arsenal fan forum.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If not for a massive failure in goal-line technology, we could have easily found ourselves playing Blackburn at home today, having sold Grealish, Mings, McGinn and Luiz.

What has that got to do with anything? :blink:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

20m for a 28 year old who's barely played 50 games in his entire career. Jesus christ. Is this really an improvement on Steer and Nyland?

Something with a pulse would be an improvement on nyland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Compare the general opinion on both keepers on this site, to the general opinion on Martinez on any Arsenal fan forum.

For the benefit of people who dont spend time reading other teams fan forums, can you tell us what Arsenal fans say?

Just now, R.Bear said:

For the benefit of people who dont spend time reading other teams fan forums, can you tell us what Arsenal fans say?

I can only tell you what my season ticket holding (last 10 years) friend tells me, and the people she interacts with, and the sites she uses, not me personally. They rate him highly.

8 hours ago, R.Bear said:

tdlr, 60% ish of the forum fans in a poll preferred Martinez in goal to Leno.

also, watch this: (check the save at 3min 27sec - still cant believe he saved that)

He would be a great signing, a massive upgrade on Steer and Nyland.

Heaton & him could challenge for the no1 spot, but with Heatons injury record, can see Martinez being the nailed on no1 for years, he's still young for a GK.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Pulled from an Arsenal site

Can't believe we are even considering this, he should be our Number 1.

It's even more depressing that some plonker on a Villa forum called R.Bear is just going on about Leyland and Steering. Feck knows why he's talking about cars, it's driving me up the wall. 

Edited by av1

24 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

What has that got to do with anything? :blink:

Sorry, I thought the rest of my post provided the context.

Basically, from my point of view, I'm not stressing about prices and whatnot in this window as it could have been so different but for Hawkeye messing up.

If Smith and Lange think he is good enough, that's enough for me. Not bothered about the price as it doesn't seem to be stopping us getting our primary targets.

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

also, watch this: (check the save at 3min 27sec - still cant believe he saved that)

Heaton & him could challenge for the no1 spot, but with Heatons injury record, can see Martinez being the nailed on no1 for years, he's still young for a GK.

Watching that reminded me so much of Friedel. A lot of shots appeared to be straight at him but that is due to excellent positioning. Not too much requirement for last ditch finger tip saves again due to positioning and reading of the game. 

Friedel was never a MOTD keeper but my god he was bloody good: solid, consistent, reliable without the need for constant ‘worldies’. EM looks very similar and if he is anywhere near BF we’ve got ourselves a real goodun’.  

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Watching that reminded me so much of Friedel. A lot of shots appeared to be straight at him but that is due to excellent positioning. Not too much requirement for last ditch finger tip saves again due to positioning and reading of the game. 

Friedel was never a MOTD keeper but my god he was bloody good: solid, consistent, reliable without the need for constant ‘worldies’. EM looks very similar and if he is anywhere near BF we’ve got ourselves a real goodun’.  

His reading of the game is exceptional. Really great but if recruiting 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The music in this video is the equivalent to having a tooth extracted with a penknife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â