Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm not exactly worried at the moment but I'd say there might be more to it than us and Ramsdale for example 

Not too worried. He is offered a no.1 straight away here. Which is his big request. Heaton returns who knows when, at his age and with serious knee injuries. We’ve put in the groundwork and reckon he’s been convinced.

Brighton have Ryan, who will compete for no.1 spot with him. So does he swap competing for a no. 1 spot at arsenal for competing for a no.1 spot at Brighton. Only thing I could see is closer to London or closer commute. I don’t think that is such a big thing for this fella though. 

• Like 1

Hmm. Interesting now Brighton have apparently outbid us. I would presume we will now match or counter that bid, seeing as we have sent in a couple of lowball offers to test the waters. Definitely no cause for panic unless Martinez has a particular penchant for overcrowded beaches and long piers 🤨

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

A sceptical person may think that Brighton's name is being banded about just to drive the price up a bit more...

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

A sceptical person may think that Brighton's name is being banded about just to drive the price up a bit more...

Said a sceptical person.

Twice by the looks of things! Sorry for the doubling up.  

Edited by DaveAV1

9 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I hope he's good, does seem a little mad to pay 20 mill on a keeper who had 10 really good games only. 

yeah madness m8, a bit like some fools spending 28m rising to 33m on a 24 year old striker who has only ever played in the championship or below.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

(jk jk, im really happy with the Watkins purchase......and would be happy with Martinez for 15-20m)

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

gonna keep an eye on the lineup announcement tomorrow, hopefully he will be absent, cus if so that looks good for a transfer...

There are multiple posts from journos just above saying he’s not in the squad. Would be an amazing turnaround now if he plays. Question is if that means he’s coming to us...

Â