Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Dean pretty much confirmed that playing Watkins out wide is not an option. 

Reckon it will be 4-4-2 eventually with Ings doing the Barkley role. And Barkley pretty much played as though he was on strike anyways. 

Ftfy

Edited by Thug

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We sure do on VT, worry about all sorts its mental.

I'd say wait until the team is announced.

I bet they wouldn't of worried Nick if Tammy were brought in alongside Ings and we had three quality strikers, all while packing Wesley and Davis off to wherever the F they can be of use.

We certainly  would of had enough without the need to worry about Injuries in our strikeforce. We just seem to always have an injury related problem popping up where a few thought that players were so indestructible like they were the man o steel.

Worrying could be better put to rest with better planning and preparation.. 

1630768913957.gif

Literally the first few games we lost our main striker after a summer of people saying we didn’t need another striker and importantly our new striker scored a couple of important goals including goal of the month.

• Thanks 1

We needed those chances to drop to Ings today. 

Watkins pressing and ability to lead the line is fantastic. We're much better with him in the team as shown in that first half but he's really not great in front of goal. 

I feel bad for him cos the big big chance he didn't have the confidence to take it on his left, he takes a bad touch but his 2nd touch hes gone round mendy, the best player on the pitch, with complete ease giving himself a tap in... With 2 defenders on the line... He scuffs it and its gone

Another day those defenders aren't there and he scores, the main thing is he will get better, he's getting better and there's still so many top quality traits to him that he already has, that touch round the keeper is there, the composure to then take another touch and bury it past thiago silva wasn't there

And don't forget thiago silva is a great player who did brilliantly there, it's not all Ollie, it's not a sitter or any of that nonsense 

He takes the chances if he was fully match sharp. His first touch was noticeably off today and increased the difficulty of each chance he ended up with.

Him and Ings will be a good pairing once they click.

Having Ollie back in the team made such a difference, we wouldn’t have been able to press them the way we did otherwise. He’s just such a handful.

First touch was indeed a little off at times, but I think it’s understandable in a first start back after injury.  

Â