Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I haven’t watched the full game yet so this is a tentative view but that last breakaway we had where Ollie got a weak shot away was encouraging in showing how him and Ings could work together in the future. Almost like they were playing one twos to each other up the pitch 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

There’s a rumour on Twitter that Ollie needs surgery on a hernia! It would probably mean him being out for another 3 to 4 weeks or so! 

Let’s hope it’s just a rumour but these things do have a habit of coming true at the moment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

There’s a rumour on Twitter that Ollie needs surgery on a hernia! It would probably mean him being out for another 3 to 4 weeks or so! 

I saw that earlier, hopefully he won’t be out for too long….perhaps it could coincide with the next international break? I know it’s only a rumour, but Pete from Holy Trinity doesn’t strike me as a guy who would peddle a bs rumour, the guy he gets the info off has had a lot of stuff bang on recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s hope it’s just a rumour but these things do have a habit of coming true at the moment

Apparently the guy who the information came from knew Mings and McGinn were out last weekend, it’s clearly coming from an informed source.

Unfortunately, whenever there is even a hint of an injury to one of our players rumoured, it’s usually true and they’re out for months. 

Oddly enough, it’s the one position where we have two, genuinely class players so an injury to Watkins isn’t as bad as an injury to another player. If that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unfortunately, whenever there is even a hint of an injury to one of our players rumoured, it’s usually true and they’re out for months. 

Oddly enough, it’s the one position where we have two, genuinely class players so an injury to Watkins isn’t as bad as an injury to another player. If that makes sense.

I agree but I would love to see them firing on all cylinders together, To coin a phrase regarding a previous front two pairing, like bacon and eggs I hope they sizzle. 

Bonus point for knowing the previous pairing quoted

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know what you’re saying but we look a bit static in the final 3rd without Ollie. It’s like @villalad21 put a curse on him!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree but I would love to see them firing on all cylinders together, To coin a phrase regarding a previous front two pairing, like bacon and eggs I hope they sizzle. 

Bonus point for knowing the previous pairing quoted

Targett was part of that right? Could be wrong

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

hmm, i dont remember seeing him in any training photos........lets hope its not true, but as many have said, literally every random rumour about injuries seems to be true recently.....

Disappointing if true, would have him starting as LCF in the three at Chelsea without hesitation. Surely if true he'll be having it as soon as possible with the two week break now?

Wonder if we knew about this pre season given how Ings signing came without any link whatsoever but then he was starting pretty much every pre season game.

Would be pretty bleak if we didn't sign Ings given Davis is injured once more and we obviously deemed Wes not ready enough for prem football.

41 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm a lot more comfortable with our first team squad strength this season. Every injury is an opportunity for some potentially very good back up players.

That's a very optimistic take. Reminds me of a First Nations guy telling me that people **** up the pronunciation of his name was "an opportunity for him to practice patience".

Obviously I don't want this rumour about him needing surgery and time off to be true, but if it is it makes it even more ridiculous that there was a large portion of people against us signing a striker this summer because 'Watkins never gets injured and won't miss any games'. 

Imagine if we hadn't signed Ings, we'd have probably been playing all three league games with Wesley or El Ghazy up top.

• Like 2

Â