Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

25 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Totally agree with your point, but it was literally one guy. 

Yeah one on here, but I saw it quite alot on that lovely environment of Twitter as well. Apologies, I probably should have been more specific!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

One year ago today that he signed. My favourite player easily, seems a great lad and love his work rate. And also love the fact that he NEVER gets injured.

Except for the other day... 

He's a real asset, though, definitely agree with you. I think he'll also be able to learn a lot from training/playing with Ings. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's a real asset, though, definitely agree with you. I think he'll also be able to learn a lot from training/playing with Ings. 

I rate both of them, different players for me.....I think they can work on a Withe/Shaw combination or Gray/Little.

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I was making fun of another poster with the last comment on my post.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I rate both of them, different players for me.....I think they can work on a Withe/Shaw combination or Gray/Little.

Possibly - I'm a little wary of two up-front, though, as we'll be losing a player from a deeper position. 3-5-2 might work? I think we'd be better doing that than 4-4-2

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Possibly - I'm a little wary of two up-front, though, as we'll be losing a player from a deeper position. 3-5-2 might work? I think we'd be better doing that than 4-4-2

I'll whisper this quietly.....4-4-2 is being reported as making a come back.

They say, (quietly again).....Pep is reconsidering going back to it....in which case if he does, many will follow.

Most formations are regurgitated, so it could be true.

I have always favoured little partnerships of 2's....so one on is own (other than a goalkeeper), has no one to play off.....I think Ollie and Danny could be the ticket,.....but midfield/wing  has to feed them, thats the questionable bit for me.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

yeah.....both would be ok for me.

Every formation creates a challenge of a compromise.....and it all comes back to the transition from defence to attack and vice versa....and how good a team is, at it.

but it also touches on the virtues of keeping the ball or recovering the ball.....sure low possession teams can win games, but usually rely on good moments in a game.....The teams that control games ( high possession) usually win more than they lose....but it has to be accepted good moments from the opposition can compromise that, on occasions....as an example in the 7-2 game, Liverpool had 61% v Villa's 39% possession, amazingly, which trumps my point, but Liverpool finished higher in the league,(finishing on 14 more points than us). which goes back to my point, about keeping the ball.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

They say, (quietly again).....Pep is reconsidering going back to it....in which case if he does, many will follow.

I have always favoured little partnerships of 2's....so one on is own (other than a goalkeeper), has no one to play off.....I think Ollie and Danny could be the ticket,.....but midfield/wing  has to feed them, thats the questionable bit for me.

Who even play 4-4-2 in the Prem? Anyone other than Southampton and Burnley.

Southampton who lost 9-0 two season's in a row.

Burnley is just a hoofball team.

I can't see it coming back, and Klopp/Pep will absolutely not be playing it. Not a chance.

Imo it's just a dead formation. Football has moved on and evolved from hoofball.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

They’ll call it something else though. Like the 4222 just to make it sound new.

• Haha 1

Â