Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

important games coming up; a chance to get back in to the England squad with Calvert - Lewin still out injured. But needs to show some current form to get picked alongside Kane and ..erm... Bamford

Do you guys stand to make any more cash regarding Ollie playing for England or was it just on the first cap?

On 24/09/2021 at 07:56, Woody1000 said:

Do you guys stand to make any more cash regarding Ollie playing for England or was it just on the first cap?

money gets paid when he plays for England but it may just be a case of bringing the date of payment forward.The add ons take the 28m paid to Brentford up to an absolute maximum of 33m (of which Exeter get 15%) . The add ons get paid based on £1m per season Villa stay in the Premier League (!).  £2m paid so far ,  £1m for one season staying up plus £1m for his 3 England sub appearances (500k for a competitive sub appearance, 2 x 250k for a sub friendly appearance).

I think everyone assumes that one way or another the full 33m is what's going to get paid to Brentford, but for a fan owned club like Exeter the remaining payments are still potentially very useful and a bird in the hand etc...so a hat trick today and an England call up would do nicely!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not feeling him this season at all. He seems slow to react to stuff, takes poor touches. Needs to step it up.

Today's the first game I've lost patience with him as he's been eased back in. We got the points and that's what matters, but I'm still surprised Ings went off to leave Watkins on. Not sure he touched the ball again after that? 

He's a good player, and he'll be back to top form before too long I hope, but yes, we have too much talent in the rinal third to carry passengers. 

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

His pressing is still first rate and it's a huge part of why we're getting on top through the middle of the ground. 

The goals will come. It's a new system. 

This!! Incredible work rate, the goals will come. I know Danny is the better finisher but he puts the whole team on the front foot in games and causes issues in defence all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The goals will come. It's a new system. 

They might but he just isnt a natural goalscorer. Misses too many chances and lacks confidence finishing. He is loads of positive things, fast, a nuisance, works hard etc but if anyone thinks he's going to explode and score regularly then they'll be waiting a long time.

He can be frustrating but he is what he is. Definitely needs a goalscorer next to him to flourish so the pressure isn't on him to score.

• Like 1

He's a 15 a season guy in the Premier League which is good because Ings will get 15-20 too. As will Bailey if gets fit enough to play 30 games lol.

90th minute Ollie intercepted a clearance that went out by their corner flag -  you love to see it.

Took a touch on that de Gea ball when he should have just stroked it in. Needs to hone a killer instinct to really kick on in his career. He will get more chances and because we are going with this high press style he should continue to start. Needs to knuckle down in training maybe.

10 minutes ago, a-k said:

Noticed he didn't really celebrate when Hause scored, and if not mistaken that's not the first time this season he hasn't showed emotion after a goal.

He's probably pissed off that they signed Ings! I might be too if I were him because the formation that bore fruit for Ollie last season has been scrapped.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I think he's a really poor finisher tbh, he should have buried that gift from De Gea. I just don't have much confidence in him in front of goal. 

Was quite lucky to not be subbed today. 

I think he's a good finisher when it's done purely on instinct. When he has time to think about it he's not great in front of goal. Great player still tho. 

Â