Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Who even play 4-4-2 in the Prem? Anyone other than Southampton and Burnley.

Southampton who lost 9-0 two season's in a row.

Burnley is just a hoofball team.

I can't see it coming back, and Klopp/Pep will absolutely not be playing it. Not a chance.

Imo it's just a dead formation. Football has moved on and evolved from hoofball.

Didn’t the most successful team in Premier League history play 442? Or were they just a ‘hoofball’ team too?

I bet you once said the same thing about a back 3.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Has it been confirmed he's injured?

My take on the rumour that it was more of a niggly hernia that requires surgery when the opportunity arises, rather than he is out of action because of the hernia. If that makes sense? 😂

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Just rumours I think, but they have  had a habit of being true recently :( 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Has it been confirmed he's injured?

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

are the hernia op rumours true or BS?

tbh, without knowing wither way, the fact i havent seen him in literally any of the training pics, is concerning.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, without knowing wither way, the fact i havent seen him in literally any of the training pics, is concerning.....

I think they've released about 5 pics and 4 of them are of Bailey. 

Having checked, the only 5 players visible are Bailey, Cash, Konsa, El Ghazi and Targett. If that's all we have then yes, we are in trouble. 

The ONLY place I have seen this hernia op mentioned is Villa Talk. Normally something like this would be all over twitter by now, but I guess we will know tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Having checked, the only 5 players visible are Bailey, Cash, Konsa, El Ghazi and Targett. If that's all we have then yes, we are in trouble. 

Again our midfield looks weak there, same old story! 😂

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The ONLY place I have seen this hernia op mentioned is Villa Talk. Normally something like this would be all over twitter by now, but I guess we will know tomorrow. 

the person who reported it here got it from Twitter, from the same guy who seems to break news of injuries before the squad is announced.

I hope as some say he has a hernia that is problematic but doesn't need immediate surgery, but the way things are going...

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The way it's been going recently, we'll find out an hour before kickoff when the lineups are out then hear the reason from Deano after the game :lol:

26 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We all get updates on Fridays! Press conference later should hopefully reveal all. Hopefully we can field 11 players at Chelsea. 

I know what you’re saying! 😂 It’s all a bit of a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, but the source has had quite a lot of stuff right recently. He called all the missing players for the Brentford game, it’s coming from the club.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I can't see it coming back, and Klopp/Pep will absolutely not be playing it. Not a chance.

Imo it's just a dead formation. Football has moved on and evolved from hoofball.

Here's a video from 3 weeks ago 😉

Also Leipzig under Nagelsmann (fancy new manager with fancy ideas and fancy suits) played it in the Bundesliga (not the PL I know) with RBL to fairly good effect.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Showing how out of touch you really are with this one. Plenty of 4-4-2 around the place especially in La Liga and Seria A. Plus it is even making an appearance at City under Pep.

• Thanks 1

Â