Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I think Watkins is now our best player, along with Martinez. We need those 2 on the pitch for the remainder of the season. Watkins is how Villa play, the midfield 3 are better when we have Watkins in the counter press. Without his workrate the midfield isn't able to be as impressive as they were in first half on Sat

On 12/09/2021 at 08:43, AVTuco said:

Ollie is so good at every other aspect of his game, if only he was more clinical. Without Jack, we'll have less chances and Ollie can't be so wasteful. 

I'm confident that once up to speed, Buendia will provide just as many chances for Watkins than Jack did. 

On 12/09/2021 at 10:02, villalad21 said:

Ollie scored more goals than him last season

He was talking about Jack creating chances for Ollie so this makes absolutely zero sense. 

On 11/09/2021 at 20:55, May-Z said:

He takes the chances if he was fully match sharp. His first touch was noticeably off today and increased the difficulty of each chance he ended up with.

That's nothing to do with match sharpness. As good as he can be, his touch often lets him down. Lead to a couple of goals against last season IIRC because he couldn't get it under control.

Not hating on him in any way but it's something he needs to improve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Watkins is now our best player, along with Martinez. We need those 2 on the pitch for the remainder of the season. Watkins is how Villa play, the midfield 3 are better when we have Watkins in the counter press. Without his workrate the midfield isn't able to be as impressive as they were in first half on Sat

Agreed. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Crikey, didn't think about that. I'd say he plays, Players have missed the actual births in the past, surely he pop out for a few hours for the Cazoo derby

Yeah think if it's like the day before maybe they miss the game.  Home game too it's not like he's up in Newcastle 

I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling a bit sorry for Ollie? 

Last season's top scorer, started the season injured and Ings took his chances well. System change seems to have taken the spotlight off Ollie a bit. I hope it doesn't affect his game/spirit and he starts firing the goals in again soon. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Last season's top scorer, started the season injured and Ings took his chances well. System change seems to have taken the spotlight off Ollie a bit. I hope it doesn't affect his game/spirit and he starts firing the goals in again soon. 

Nah he’ll get plenty of chances, he’s still getting in the right positions. Bailey could have squared for him today when he lashed in the third, Ramsey could have put him through, Mina got a great foot in to stop him when he was about to get a shot off. I do think he’s better up front solo but I think he’s more than smart enough to adapt to multiple systems and it’ll be to his benefit long term.

4 hours ago, Villarocker said:

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Nah he’ll get plenty of chances, he’s still getting in the right positions. Bailey could have squared for him today when he lashed in the third, Ramsey could have put him through, Mina got a great foot in to stop him when he was about to get a shot off. I do think he’s better up front solo but I think he’s more than smart enough to adapt to multiple systems and it’ll be to his benefit long term.

We have made ourselves way less predictable, Villa can get the job done any which way they want now and this will only get bigger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

We have made ourselves way less predictable, Villa can get the job done any which way they want now and this will only get bigger.

I totally agree with you. Ollie won't have to run himself into the ground so much now as it's clear to see we're more of a team now. 

Â