Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Who even play 4-4-2 in the Prem? Anyone other than Southampton and Burnley.

Southampton who lost 9-0 two season's in a row.

Burnley is just a hoofball team.

I can't see it coming back, and Klopp/Pep will absolutely not be playing it. Not a chance.

Imo it's just a dead formation. Football has moved on and evolved from hoofball.

Football has always moved on and always will, but that sometimes means moving back too, to forgotten formats and rebranding them as new....the game is 100+ plus years old, so there are only so many permutaions for 10 outfield players....sure there will always be many views as the best way to win, but most of them have been used....its just about picking the right one for you.

They say Rinus Michels was the god father of "Total Football" but he was influenced by Vic Buckingham and Jack Reynolds before him who pioneered "Total Football"....they inevitably got influenced too.

my point is rarely is anything unique in football, its all been done in some form or another.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I still think he's a huge miss. I'm not sure ings works well as a lone striker. 

I think Ollie is one of our most important players. 

With an honourable mention to Konsa, he's definitely our best outfield player now. Until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Radio WM @ 18:10 now saying Ollie is fit for Chelsea Saturday. Is this correct? What is the truth about the “injury” story?

It's not true he is fit and in training. We have moved on to worrying about whether Ings is healthy because he didn't show up in one day of training photos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Radio WM @ 18:10 now saying Ollie is fit for Chelsea Saturday. Is this correct? What is the truth about the “injury” story?

The manager confirmed he is back and that he played 15 minutes vs Brentford, in case you missed it. There is no truth to the "injury" story. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's not true he is fit and in training. We have moved on to worrying about whether Ings is healthy because he didn't show up in one day of training photos. 

We worry a lot about things we dont have insight on dont we? 😂

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The manager confirmed he is back and that he played 15 minutes vs Brentford, in case you missed it. There is no truth to the "injury" story. 

Or is there?

Just messing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Football has always moved on and always will, but that sometimes means moving back too, to forgotten formats and rebranding them as new....the game is 100+ plus years old, so there are only so many permutaions for 10 outfield players....sure there will always be many views as the best way to win, but most of them have been used....its just about picking the right one for you.

They say Rinus Michels was the god father of "Total Football" but he was influenced by Vic Buckingham and Jack Reynolds before him who pioneered "Total Football"....they inevitably got influenced too.

my point is rarely is anything unique in football, its all been done in some form or another.

Had to look more than twice at this thinking you meant Vic Beckingham 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

So the hernia rumour was a load of rubbish? Seems that way, thankfully.

I hope Watkins is fit for tomorrow, I really want to see an Ings Watkins Bailey front three. 

I don’t think it was true but he may have a hernia though but may not need immediate treatment.

• Confused 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Dean pretty much confirmed that playing Watkins out wide is not an option. 

Reckon it will be 4-4-2 eventually with Ings doing the Barkley role. And Barkley pretty much played as a striker anyways. 

You do realise 433 can mean that the player doesn’t play out wide like the Liverpool 433!

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

You do realise 433 can mean that the player doesn’t play out wide like the Liverpool 433!

Well he was talking about them playing together as a pair today. 

I think that's the plan. I don't have much faith in it as I don't think our midfielders are strong enough to get away with a 2 man midfield. But we'll see how it goes. 

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well he was talking about them playing together as a pair today. 

I think that's the plan. I don't have much faith in it as I don't think our midfielders are strong enough to get away with a 2 man midfield. But we'll see how it goes. 

4 - 3 - 1 - 2 maybe?

Or 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 with a sitter maybe?

Would defo need a big midfield performance.

If we  go 2 in midfield vs Tuchel then unless we are lucky it will not end well. That said we would really struggle 3 v 3 in midfield so maybe it will be a revolutionary tactic of leaving the midfield and just pumping it up to the strikers might be a good way to go

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

4 - 3 - 1 - 2 maybe?

Or 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 with a sitter maybe?

Would defo need a big midfield performance.

did Nakamba play in midfield when we beat them last season? Edit yep it was him and McGinn and Hause was playing because Konsa was at RB.

massive shame Lukaku is fit

Edited by VillanousOne

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

We worry a lot about things we dont have insight on dont we? 😂

We sure do on VT, worry about all sorts its mental.

I'd say wait until the team is announced.

I bet they wouldn't of worried Nick if Tammy were brought in alongside Ings and we had three quality strikers, all while packing Wesley and Davis off to wherever the F they can be of use.

We certainly  would of had enough without the need to worry about Injuries in our strikeforce. We just seem to always have an injury related problem popping up where a few thought that players were so indestructible like they were the man o steel.

Worrying could be better put to rest with better planning and preparation.. 

1630768913957.gif

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Â