Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not worried about him at all, was still pressing the United defence into injury time yesterday and have no doubt that him and Ings will click soon enough and become a deadly partnership

This is about where I am. He works so hard, once he gets his scoring boots on we will be lethal. 

12 hours ago, R.Bear said:

He was miles offside and didnt want to draw attention to himself. Smart play.

It’s an interesting rule. Before Hause headed it (so at a point that everyone was onside) DDG was shoving Watkins two-handed in the back to try to move him out the way. At that point why isn’t it a penalty? 

Edited by Adam2003

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s an interesting rule. Before Hause headed it (so at a point that everyone was onside) DDG was shoving Watkins two-handed in the back to try to move him out the way. At that point why isn’t it a penalty? 

It's one of those things that are absolutely never given even though by the rules it probably should be. If DDG was punished for a bit of shoving in the box while a corner is being whipped in, we'd concede a fair few. Just watch Mings at any corner. It's accepted as part of the game.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

BBC Sports gossip section says he is on a " list of options " for Tottenham. lol

It’s just a non starter on so many levels. Why would he move to a team on the down, from a team on the up? Spurs would never pay the kind of money we’d be looking for. We paid £33m when he was a Championship player. He’s now an England international. We’d be looking to double our money at least…plus the owners wouldn’t want to sell another big name so soon after Grealish IMO, especially to a potential rival. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

There was a rumour a few weeks back that Ollie has a hernia. If so it might explain why he hasn't got last season's heights yet. 

Tbh, I think he is playing just as well as he did last season, but we've had a tough run of games and his finishing has always been a bit shaky.

If you look at his all-round game, he's still doing all the good stuff bumping defenders out of the way, winning headers, covering loads of ground. The goals will come.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Tbh, I think he is playing just as well as he did last season, but we've had a tough run of games and his finishing has always been a bit shaky.

If you look at his all-round game, he's still doing all the good stuff bumping defenders out of the way, winning headers, covering loads of ground. The goals will come.

He also doesn't have Jack sliding it through for him. I think he'll start scoring once Buendia gets a proper run in the side.

I reckon some of these news agencies have something akin to a fruit machine set up in their office called the news generator, where they press a big button and all the dials start spinning on the machine. First dial stops on "Ollie Wattkins" , second dial then stops on "list of options for", and finally the third dial stops on "Tottenham" and then work a few words in and around that to make a rumour. 🤣

Spurs were linked when we bought Ollie and allegedly didn't want to pay the money Brentford wanted, why would they pay what we want for him now which would be £50-£60m+. It's hogwash!

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't think we'd entertain a bid less than £80 million

I think this is silly. Are you really saying we wouldn’t accept a bid of 79 million for Ollie Watkins?

Anything north of 50-60 and I bet the Board cashes in.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Ollie is starting to panic about having not scored yet? I feel like he needs to calm down a little bit. Is there a little bit of jealousy or something where Ings is concerned? 

Hope playing them both works out. Really likeable characters, and both very talented. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Anyone else getting the feeling that Ollie is starting to panic about having not scored yet? I feel like he needs to calm down a little bit. Is there a little bit of jealousy or something where Ings is concerned? 

Hope playing them both works out. Really likeable characters, and both very talented. 

He always looks like that when he isn’t scoring. Was same last season. Seems like he’s one of those who puts himself under a lot of pressure - think Smith has said in the past he’s his own worst critic.

But IMO we clearly look much better with him in the side, regardless of whether he’s tucking every single chance away. He’s just a nightmare for defenders to play against.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

We've been through this phase with th him before, and said many of the same things. Lol

Ollie will be fine.

Â