Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

On 21/05/2021 at 00:17, KentVillan said:

Interracial lookalikes is a thing. I once saw a white woman in London who looked just like Kim Jong Un.

I do see the resemblance @Keyblade and I will die on this hill with you. Hopefully he will be a similarly good player, but with a better injury record.

C23mIA1.jpg

Anyone ever seen these two in a room together? Save some space for me on that hill..

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

They make it difficult for any player to play, such is their close pressing. everyone of our players had difficulty staying on the ball.

Carney will have to get used to this as its not so prevalent in the academy, they allow you space....but he is learning and acclimatising.

I though he did ok, playing against the European cup finalists.

He didn't look out of his depth, which as you say, against the CL finalists is high praise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yebus what a talent he looks. Outstanding technique and control.

I kind of rolled my eyes when Purslow said he was the best 16-year-old in the country but do you know what...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I kind of rolled my eyes when Purslow said he was the best 16-year-old in the country but do you know what...

Might be others but him and Harvey Elliot must be good candidates for best of the 03's

His control of the ball is unreal for somebody so young, a number of first touches that were impressive and close control. Very confident in himself for sure.

The intensity of his game needs some work - there were times where he felt Barkley-esque where he was a bit slow to react and didn't bust a gut to get to a position. He played twice in two days, so I can understand why & it's not a major criticism just yet, he's clearly very talented. 

Also, in a sort of Jack type of way he needs to learn when to release the ball a little earlier too, a few of our players maybe saw their names in lights a bit tonight (understandably!) And ran into trouble with some poor decisions, Carney being one of them. 

But, overall a solid display and some unreal skill with the ball when he's in his element. Excited to see more of him and hopefully he signs a long contract extension and doesn't go to Dortmund or Leipzig

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Might be others but him and Harvey Elliot must be good candidates for best of the 03's

You’d have to say Bellingham at the mo but no reason Carney can’t surpass him.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

True, Bellingham is surely #1 atm.

He looked like he was just down the park pratting around with his mates tonight. Everything he did was so effortless, almost as of time slowed down when he had the ball.

I really hope we can build the team around him for the next 10 years. Realistically it’ll be a huge challenge with vultures already circling. But we’ve certainly got the ambition to prove that he should have a long career here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

He looked like he was just down the park pratting around with his mates tonight. Everything he did was so effortless, almost as of time slowed down when he had the ball.

He's also bloody strong. He just shrugged off tackles like they were insects. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

37 minutes ago, sne said:

True, Bellingham is surely #1 atm.

I think Jan-Dec years are not really the best measure for kids in some respects. Bellingham is only 4 months older than Carney, but it's the year above at school, so it's a pretty meaningful gap.

Â