Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How seriously are people taking this supposed interest from Dortmund or City?

Absolutely 0%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's just made his first team debut, is just about to play in a final with his age group, is at one of the most progressive academies currently in the country and has a 2 year contract....

I'd say not very seriously!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

It's paper talk. Some bright journo in Germany has seen a good young English player and decided they should run a story that they're going to Dortmund like Sancho and Bellingham. Then throw in a few extra clubs to make it seem like they're wanted across Europe.

Could also be agents meddling and trying to get Carney in the first team more regularly. If there's rumours he'll be off to start for Dortmund it might force our hand to give him some more game time.

Either way it's a non-story, which is par for the course for a paper like Bild.

18 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody got a link to his post match interview on villa tv?  He spoke well and came across as a very mature young man as his performance suggested, didn’t hear to much from Bidance as he coughed and looked away for the majority of it 😂

He was quite articulate too, but the frog in his throat hampered him, a bit.

They didn't look fazed in the slightest....its just stamina & strength building, now. I think they can hold there own and develop.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

My German co-worker who is a massive Dortmund supporter said if they want him, they will get him.  They do have an amazing track record of signing young stars.

We can also claim that....With Jack Grealish, Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry, Gary Cahill, John Deehan .....sure some are some time ago, but we have turned young players in to stars.

I have gone from not being able to spell his name, to not being able to pronounce it, to.....

It rolls off my tongue now and I can spell it as quick as my own.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We can also claim that....With Jack Grealish, Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry, Gary Cahill, John Deehan .....sure some are some time ago, but we have turned young players in to stars.

Gidman, Little, Cowans, Shaw, Walters, Daley also. this youth might be as productive as the 72 one which beat Liverpool in the final where we had Little, Gidman and Bobby Macdonald. Also Jimmy Brown who made his debut at 15 and captained Villa as a teenager. He can now barely walk. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

My German co-worker who is a massive Dortmund supporter said if they want him, they will get him.  They do have an amazing track record of signing young stars.

They'll have to pay through the dick for him, though. No way we're letting him leave cheap. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Gidman, Little, Cowans, Shaw, Walters, Daley also. this youth might be as productive as the 72 one which beat Liverpool in the final where we had Little, Gidman and Bobby Macdonald. Also Jimmy Brown who made his debut at 15 and captained Villa as a teenager. He can now barely walk. 

sad to here.....I knew Bobby very well, used to go to night clubs with him and a crew of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

I used to have a semi regularly at 17. 

Not so much now that I'm 40

at 70 its......Gone with the wind.

I said to him the other day, "you've let me down", he said "don't be greedy, you've had your money's worth out of me".

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

yes in a back three with Ugo and Southgate from memory. 

Yeah that's right, my first season ticket in Holte End with mates was that year 98/99!

Before that was in Trinity Road Lower and Doug Ellis Upper

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â