Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, mallett said:

I don’t think anyone else has posted it but this video of Chukwuemeka’s performance v Newcastle shows why he could play a big role in the first team.

He is playing as a number 10 during the match and you can see from his interactions with Barry on the left channel what an exciting partnership he could form with Grealish. Given that no.10 is a position the first team is lacking in and in the video Carney shows some incredible skills while also scoring a hat trick and getting an assist.

It remains to be seen whether he can do this for the first team. During the FA Youth Cup run Chukwuemeka added goals to his game but he only got 1 for the U23s this season which is a higher level. In the video you can also see a few lackadaisical moments in possession and sometimes a tendency to stand and admire his own pass rather than drive forward for the return.

I wonder if we signed somebody like the incredibly injury prone RLC for the role this summer if that would give Carney enough opportunities to play in the first team without the pressure of being the main no.10.

He's got quick feet for a big fella doesn't he? He seems to be playing on the left wing here but in other videos he plays in the middle. What is his best natural position?

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He'd get less minutes than Ramsey for sure. Ramsey is 20 years old and Chuk is 17. Ramsey also got the benefit of a covid affected squad, Sanson being out injured, Barkley being dog shit and so on.

Assuming we will sign a new CAM, I can't see many minutes for Chuk unfortunately.

I'm a strong supporter of these young kids going out on loan, and I think it would be doing Chuk a disfavour pretending that isn't the best option for him. Even if he himself think otherwise. Very few young players break through in the PL as 17/18 years old, and the few that does normally have a really impressive physique for their age. That's not Chuk. Just like Grealish he needs to beef up a bit and get some lower league experience.

Don't agree with this - far too much is made of physical attributes (which improve over time anyway).  If a player is good enough, he's good enough.  Getting lumps kicked out of him in League Two doesn't develop his playing style or fit into our system at all.

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with a loan to League Two for the right player, it's probable that some of our youngsters will go on loan to that league before the new season. I don't think Chukwuemeka will go on loan, not this summer anyway, but if we announced that he was available to be loaned out he wouldn't be going to League Two, you'd have championship clubs interested in him and possibly top flight clubs in Europe as well... we're a Premier League side and are seemingly going to use him as a squad player next season.

• Like 1

He gets the ball out of his feet and starts looking for what's on as soon as he receives the ball. He literally is heads and shoulders above most of his team maters because he's always looking about the place for options. I love it. 

I hope his physical development continues as  his game depends not only on his quick feet, but also his strength in holding off opposing players (or protecting himself from the occasional loose touch). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Milner had a loan to us 

Only because he was used as a makeweight in the Solano deal as Souness didn't rate him. He was set to join us permanently, but then Newcastle pulled the plug as Roeder wanted him to stay. That's not quite the same as loaning someone out for experience, e.g. like with Grealish.

He has that body balance (amongst many things)like Jack and Bellingham, they glide over the grass.....its a sure sign of a major talent.

I think we will see more of Carney, next season than we think.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don't agree with this - far too much is made of physical attributes (which improve over time anyway).  If a player is good enough, he's good enough.  Getting lumps kicked out of him in League Two doesn't develop his playing style or fit into our system at all.

It really isn't. And that's such a massively simple way of looking at it. 

Firstly a player can be negatively affected by getting the stuffing and confidence knocked out of him if he isn't ready for the physical levels of the league. You can compensate this if you are a LOT better than your opponents, but in the PL he won't be that. In the league one however he might be. 

Secondly, going out on loan is about a lot more than that. For these players it's a journey where they learn to become men. They won't ever have the life some of us have had where you are kicked out, got no where to go, have to work at the bottom, join the military, have nobody and nothing. Their lives are incredibly followed up on, to the minor details. Going out on loan is a teaching experience for them, and it teaches something AVFC can't teach them. I'm sure for instance Grealish benefitted massively from it. 

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He'd get less minutes than Ramsey for sure. Ramsey is 20 years old and Chuk is 17. Ramsey also got the benefit of a covid affected squad, Sanson being out injured, Barkley being dog shit and so on.

Assuming we will sign a new CAM, I can't see many minutes for Chuk unfortunately.

I'm a strong supporter of these young kids going out on loan, and I think it would be doing Chuk a disfavour pretending that isn't the best option for him. Even if he himself think otherwise. Very few young players break through in the PL as 17/18 years old, and the few that does normally have a really impressive physique for their age. That's not Chuk. Just like Grealish he needs to beef up a bit and get some lower league experience.

And the ones that do break through without a strong physique tend to be playing for a team solidly in the hunt for the top 4 where they can afford to play young players against the weaker sides. We can't so we should send them out on loan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

No but him developing further in the championship where he can be the creative fulcrum will be far more useful than chucking him on for 10-15 minutes every other game. 

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

For one thing they are close to us so wouldn't require moving for him. For another their team is pretty good so they will be very attacking which should hopefully let CC shine as a creative fulcrum rather than being a bit part player for 5 minutes every other game.

Thought I’d bring this in here rather than clogging up transfer thread. 

There is no evidence that WBA will be attacking, they could end up with a manager like Bruce who wouldn’t make them attacking in the championship. 

Secondly, there fans are idiots, they despise everything to do with Villa, Carney could have one bad game and they would be so critical because he came from us. 

If he was to go in loan (which I don’t think Smith wants) then for me it certainly wouldn’t be to someone like Albion.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 14:57, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He gets the ball out of his feet and starts looking for what's on as soon as he receives the ball. He literally is heads and shoulders above most of his team maters because he's always looking about the place for options. I love it. 

I hope his physical development continues as  his game depends not only on his quick feet, but also his strength in holding off opposing players (or protecting himself from the occasional loose touch). 

He might look a bit lanky and lightweight but he isnt at all .If you watched him in the youth cup final he out muscled James Balagizi who is immensely strong at u18 level . I was like " is there no weakness in his game " as i watched him do it. 

Btw i think he will be brilliant in Grealish position.

There is no blanket answer to whether we send kids out on loan or not. The decision will be made for each individual. Everyone develops physically and emotionally at different rates. No two people have the same character a loan may work for some but not for others. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 14:10, bobzy said:

you seem to have a jaundiced view of physical attributes.....its crucial to imposing your talent on a game.

can you not relate it, to when Jack returned from his kidney injury and he worked of his strength building programme with Ollie Stevenson?.....Jack transformed his game with the additional strength.

Jude Bellingham would not be playing for Dortmund or England without his physical prowess to match his talent.

Physicality, is not just knocking lumps out of each other in Div 1......If you think that, you are missing the point.

Edited by TRO

Jude Bellingham started playing for small heath when he was of a slighter build than he is now, you can't expect young players to be fully physically developed before you give them a chance, players of that age not being as strong as the older players is just part of the game.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, useless said:

Jude Bellingham started playing for small heath when he was of a slighter build than he is now, you can't expect young players to be fully physically developed before you give them a chance, players of that age not being as strong as the older players is just part of the game.

Big difference to start out in the championship and the PL tbh.

• Like 1

Â