Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think a loan where he gets to play a lot of football, whether that's league one or something. That would be ideal for him. 

I think that would make him leave. The promises thats rumoured and Smiths comments tells me he will play alot next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I think that would make him leave. The promises thats rumoured and Smiths comments tells me he will play alot next season

Well that's Smiths call. Would be weird on Chuk's part. I think he'd develop more from 30+ matches in the lower leagues than 300 minutes over a season with the senior team.

I don’t think anyone else has posted it but this video of Chukwuemeka’s performance v Newcastle shows why he could play a big role in the first team.

He is playing as a number 10 during the match and you can see from his interactions with Barry on the left channel what an exciting partnership he could form with Grealish. Given that no.10 is a position the first team is lacking in and in the video Carney shows some incredible skills while also scoring a hat trick and getting an assist.

It remains to be seen whether he can do this for the first team. During the FA Youth Cup run Chukwuemeka added goals to his game but he only got 1 for the U23s this season which is a higher level. In the video you can also see a few lackadaisical moments in possession and sometimes a tendency to stand and admire his own pass rather than drive forward for the return.

I wonder if we signed somebody like the incredibly injury prone RLC for the role this summer if that would give Carney enough opportunities to play in the first team without the pressure of being the main no.10.

I don't think he will go on loan, next season I expect he will be introduced in a similar way to how Jacob Ramsey has been introduced this season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

You see a future where he has the freedom of the park? 

Not really a 10, not really an 8 just good enough to play wherever he wants, drifts left, drifts right, go find the space to work in and influence the game 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think he will go on loan, next season I expect he will be introduced in a similar way to how Jacob Ramsey has been introduced this season.

He'd get less minutes than Ramsey for sure. Ramsey is 20 years old and Chuk is 17. Ramsey also got the benefit of a covid affected squad, Sanson being out injured, Barkley being dog shit and so on.

Assuming we will sign a new CAM, I can't see many minutes for Chuk unfortunately.

I'm a strong supporter of these young kids going out on loan, and I think it would be doing Chuk a disfavour pretending that isn't the best option for him. Even if he himself think otherwise. Very few young players break through in the PL as 17/18 years old, and the few that does normally have a really impressive physique for their age. That's not Chuk. Just like Grealish he needs to beef up a bit and get some lower league experience.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes, I think that's what will happen too. If he's showing it in training Dean will put him in the team. He is also a talent to bring off the bench in what he can do. 

I feel next season (or this season for JJ) are the types of season to get a loan to a top Championship club ala Tammy / Axel were for us. You play week in week out hunting for promotion and become a star. Come back to Villa and you're near to a finished product at 20.

It makes all the difference if you're in a winning team as apposed to battling relegation. So who would want to sign them and would they play every game. The two key questions on loans

Edited by CVByrne

Chukwuemeka might not get as many minutes as Jacob Ramsey, but either way I don't think he will go out on loan yet, when the season starts he will still only be seventeen, it's very rare for a player that young to go out on loan, Harvey Elliott was an exception, but he plays in position that's less risky and had a lot more first team experience than Chukwuemeka currently has.

I can't see us signing any new midfielders either, maybe a winger that can also play as no.10, but doesn't like we're going to be bringing in a couple of midfielders and a couple of wingers as was being predicted at one stage, and I think that's probably in part to Smith being impressed enough with Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace in training to think they can do a job, even if they barely play in the league, we can still use them in the League Cup and EFL Trophy if we take part in that, so still potential for them to get plenty of exprience and then reassess in January.

Of the youngsters that big things are hoped for I think Kesler and Aaron Ramsey are the ones most likely to be loaned out as they're a bit older, if we're putting Brad Young and Raikhy in the same category maybe those two as well, likes of Seb Revan, Chrisene, Barry and Bogarde probably still too young.

Should be loaned out to a local team who gives him game time. There is no way he will get enough time to develop in this first team. Jack only got game time because we was shit at the time. 

I would guess his next contract extension  will be the last one he signs with us if he develops in men's football. Performing against kids really doesn't prove anything. 

Chukwuemeka is still only seventeen, he may need a loan at some point but doesn't necessarily need one right now, again he's only seventeen so when playing for the U23s he isn't playing against 'kids' relative to himself, he's playing against older players. If he plays any kind of first team football for us next season that will be more first team football than 99% of playes his age get.

Look at the amount of Premier League football Mason Greenwood has played for Man United over the past 2 seasons and he's only 19 years old. Rashford before him was starting every game when he was 17 turning 18 in the 16/17 season. 

Chukwuemeka can go straight into first team and get as many minutes as JJ did and have a real impact. He could easily force himself into regular starter next season he's built for the Premier League already

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

The more I see of our kids, the more I think we can continue to spend confidently on the first team. My reasoning is that as the current crop develops some of them will become first team regulars over the next couple of season and save us millions. Those that get moved on will bring in decent money which will go on the continued development of the next crop. 

We’ve apparently bought 30 young players over the last 12 months, all top quality.  The academy is massive for our future. Bodymoor Heath Farm is going to grow us some fabulous produce. 

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Look at the amount of Premier League football Mason Greenwood has played for Man United over the past 2 seasons and he's only 19 years old. Rashford before him was starting every game when he was 17 turning 18 in the 16/17 season. 

Chukwuemeka can go straight into first team and get as many minutes as JJ did and have a real impact. He could easily force himself into regular starter next season he's built for the Premier League already

Yeah made same argument the other day and that was before saw YouTube clip

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Should be loaned out to a local team who gives him game time. There is no way he will get enough time to develop in this first team. Jack only got game time because we was shit at the time. 

I would guess his next contract extension  will be the last one he signs with us if he develops in men's football. Performing against kids really doesn't prove anything. 

A local team 🤔

How about the Solihull Moors?

Honestly should have been on the bench over Barkley since January. And probably would have been if not for the youth Cup run.

I see him getting time on the bench next season as I dont think we'll be buying as many players as people seem to expect.

It's not just the ability he shows that gives me confidence he can step up,  but the size of him is a huge factor. He's so much stronger than the rest of the 18yr olds he plays against, that he will be able to compete with players that are 22+.

The question is whether he can continue to perform to the level he does against players as strong as him,  which is a much easier question than for the likes of Barrie and Kesler, who would be having to step up against players stronger than then.

Only one way to find out,  and worth giving him the window to do so for us, rather than on loan. Honestly think he'll flourish, and did so even before his end of season cameos.

1 hour ago, hong0311 said:

A local team 🤔

How about the Solihull Moors?

Coventry, Walsall.....be nice to have an agreement with one of them to try and develop players 

• Like 1

Â