Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Good player I never knew why we sold him 

He had a hard time with Ron Saunders...Ron didn't fancy him ( as a player).

Bobby once said to me he hasn't spoke to me for over 6 weeks and he called Andy Gray over to verify and he did.....Bobby then went on to Coventry and Man City....last seen him at my mates 60th Birthday and he looked in good shape.

It was difficult for me because I loved what Ron was doing too.....but we had some great times and memories.

sorry for digressing off topic.....Back to Carney lads.

Big game Sunday, if he plays and we will be fighting them all off.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

My German co-worker who is a massive Dortmund supporter said if they want him, they will get him.  They do have an amazing track record of signing young stars.

Not from us they don’t. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not from us they don’t. 

Quite. It's one thing to wave money in front of the Chinese stock exchange's favourite over-inflated entity, and another when faced with NSWE. 

The speculation on Carney is flattering,but they need to understand, we are no longer a "selling" club....They need to calm their jets.

We will sell our players when we are good and ready.

All the speculation surrounding Carney, is because he is a rising talent.....but don't we know that too, so why should we sell?

Birmingham and Jude was an entirely different scenario, they had little hold on him to resist.

We are possibly as big as or soon will be as big as Dortmund and have some fabulous young players to compliment Carney.....

Why does he need to move?....He can realise his dreams with us, just like Jack has.....what better example can you have.

I suspect every player in Europe would like to play alongside Jack.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Surreal moment today

I attended my weekly German class that use to be in Sutton town hall but is now on zoom for covid reasons..... Never guess who joined the class. only Carney Chukwuemeka.....
I thought it was Gareth Bale at first.... but then I clocked on

German class? Shit, he's off to Dortmund. 😭

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

German class? Shit, he's off to Dortmund. 😭

Possibly, or maybe Bale is going to Bayern.  I just don't see how @messi11 could tell for sure who it was. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A good humbler for Carney today - first time I've seen him actually look like a teenager 

Good experience for him nonetheless and proves how difficult it is for these teenagers when transitioning to the mens game

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Good experience for him nonetheless and proves how difficult it is for these teenagers when transitioning to the mens game

For sure, I think it's an important part of his development and good for him to understand that he's not the finished article 

• Like 1

To be fair in the time he was on the pitch we barely had the ball and were mainly defending deep and hopefully punting the ball up the pitch. 

He didn't have much more to do than chase after the ball. Maradona would have struggled to make much impact. 

• Like 1

Not 18 until October, hes a tall lad, get in the gym over the summer and see where hes at. 

Good experience today, I bet hes not used to having to chance and tackle and get only half chances at even touching the ball. 

A good lesson that he cannot positively impact on every game he plays. Be good to see tomorrow how he plays now he understands the intensity of premier league football. It will hopefully be a huge positive and give him the chance to bring intensity into the game tomorrow. Everyone will be weaker and slower and he will be able to feel it i reckon and take advantage 

They make it difficult for any player to play, such is their close pressing. everyone of our players had difficulty staying on the ball.

Carney will have to get used to this as its not so prevalent in the academy, they allow you space....but he is learning and acclimatising.

I thought he did ok, playing against the European cup finalists.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â