Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think anybody is doubting the club aren’t doing everything they can to get players in. But until it’s starts happening it’s frustrating for fans.  The window has been disappointing so far. Hopefully by the end of the month we’ll be happy.

@rodders0223

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not disagreeing, but if you want any genuine transfer information they are far from being ITK. Bardell gets some of his info from Gregg Evans, which says it all. 

I want to like TVV a lot, everything villa to be honest but I find the chaps boring

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

All this "sign players now" nonsense is becoming really tedious and childish. Do you seriously think the club aren't doing everything they can to get the best deals they possibly can and improve the squad? Of course they are. Anyone can see that this transfer window is 100 times more difficult than a normal window. Signings will be made when they're made. We just have to be patient. If that means that we don't have signings in by the first game then so be it. It's really not the end of the world.

Most pointless post ever ? 

Signings will be made when they are made ?

Insightful. 

signings are 100 times more difficult? Really ? You know that how ? 

No ones also saying it will be the end of the world if no signings are made by the first game ?

One of the biggest regrets dean smith mentioned about last season is not having players signed in enough time to integrate.

With a clear promise to the fans and players to improve the squad, there is an expectation, built up on what our owners have actually said.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

This thread is like when you check your phone for a message from that girl you saw a couple of times for a drink.

And you keep checking and telling yourself she probably lost her phone or had an emergency.

And then her WhatsApp pic changes to her and another bloke.

This really sounds like it happened to you, Kent.

Don’t worry, Villatalk is here for you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Insightful. 

No ones also saying it will be the end of the world if no signings are made by the first game ?

One of the biggest regrets dean smith mentioned about last season is not having players signed in enough time to integrate.

With a clear promise to the fans and players to improve the squad, there is an expectation, built up on what our owners have actually said.

So do we just settle for inferior quality players to come in immediately and get them integrated prior to first game? It's a serious question - is it worth it that much to have players in now that we give up waiting on preferred targets on go for Plan B, C, or D?

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Insightful. 

Signing players probably is difficult. If it was easy those tasked with doing it wouldn't be so highly paid.

The question is how good are we at signing players.

• Like 2

if the £100 million figure is anywhere near correct I expected us to add 3 or 4 new signings of a quality. At least 1 striker, a winger, a decent DM and possible an additional striker or winger but those tend to be more expensive at that end of the pitch. I didnt expect us to be buying a right back and a goalkeeper too. Now you would expect if rumours are correct that we are after Cash and Keeper that would only leave £75 million of the the fund left to bring in another striker as we badly need that and then wingers and  a good DM. Its no wonder we are treading carefully on transfers if we are trying to achieve this.

Just now, brummybloke said:

Insightful. 

Yeah, signings will be made. How is that a pointless thing to say? Surely moaning about who you think the club might try and sign is more pointless?

Anybody with a bit of common sense can see this is the hardest transfer window for all clubs since the transfer window was invented. Do you need me to spell it out why?

Look around. People are definitely acting like its the end of the world, we're going down and the owners have lost interest etc. Twitter is the worst culprit for this. Just take a look. It's embarrassing on there.

Smith said that and yes, in an ideal world every club would like all their signings done before the seasons starts but this is far from an ideal world. This is a once in a generation transfer window. Finances are messed up, clubs are being extra careful and more difficult to negotiate with. It's always said how hard it is to complete deals due to agents driving up the price or dragging things out until deadline day to get the best deal they can. I don't think any of us can even begin to imagine what it must be like now.

If we are trying for quality players, which I think we will be doing, then these deals are going to take time. Should we just buy any Tom, Dick and Harry just so that they're part of the squad before the season starts? I'd rather wait and buy the right players but not have them for the first few games.

On 02/09/2020 at 12:10, Mjvilla said:

This point has been put to bed in a few very well, thought out posts where the information has been used. The fact that you're not willing to provide and substance shows alot.

I'm not reposting the long, detailed post I did. But that 1 in 5 is incorrect when comparing squads to last season. And most clubs have bought 1 maybe 2 players that I'm not remotely jealous we didn't sign. 

<b>You can't use other clubs buying narrative,</b> because you're incorrect basically.

🤣 I can use what I want, and I choose to use facts. Whether or not you're jealous of other clubs' recruitment so far is irrelevant to the point being made, and is simply your opinion.

We are literally 1 of 5 clubs who haven't made a senior signing. What you, or anyone else, does with that information is your own business, but there's nothing incorrect about it.

51 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Maybe the owners have lost interest 

And maybe Villa Park is made of cheese and Dean Smith is actually Dean Saunders in an elaborate rubber mask and Purslow is actually Doug Ellis who faked his own death and is plotting a takeover from within...

I mean there is absolutely no foundation to any of my theories * so they hold as much credibility as your one! 

Why come out with stuff like this when it’s so obviously not true as evidenced by the comments from McGinn re the message he received from Eden’s.

* I think it’s a proven scientific fact that Doug Ellis is immortal and put on this earth to hold Villa back for eternity

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

And maybe Villa Park is made of cheese and Dean Smith is actually Dean Saunders in an elaborate rubber mask and Purslow is actually Doug Ellis who faked his own death and is plotting a takeover from within...

I mean there is absolutely no foundation to any of my theories * so they hold as much credibility as your one! 

Why come out with stuff like this when it’s so obviously not true as evidenced by the comments from McGinn re the message he received from Eden’s.

* I think it’s a proven scientific fact that Doug Ellis is immortal and put on this earth to hold Villa back for eternity

Maybe they realised what they was prepared to spend wasn’t enough to get them to where they wanted? Maybe covid hit them hard 

• Like 1

I'd like to think we are taking our time and turning the screw on the players we really want rather than accepting a straight up no and moving on to plan B/C/D etc. 

These owners aren't daft, they know what's needed and will try and get it.

• Like 2