Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're now getting to the point where it would be a surprise if people joining would be up to speed for starting the first game of the season. That's pretty disappointing considering how poor our squad is.

There's no point in 'panicking' about anything, it's just sport. But to my non-expert eye, it looks pretty damn sub-optimal to be going in to a new season with no adequate player in one of the most important positions on the pitch, and a general lack of quality throughout a squad that barely survived.

I agree but our first game isn’t until 20th so still plenty of time. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I've had enough of unsubstantiated rumours on here, so can't cope with any more from elsewhere. 

I always watched the VV and I always had the sense they spoke on point and never gave false news out, also it passes the time away.

They even say in first bit of the video about the rubbish on social media lol.

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

We’re not in the same market as Chelsea, City, and Arsenal, you understand that don’t you? That’s three clubs, we’re hardly in a minority. 

We are 1 of only 5 clubs in the Premier League to not make a single senior signing. That's 25% which, yes, is a minority.

I didn't think I needed to list out every single club and their business thus far, as that information can be easily gleaned from a quick Google or the Sky Sports website. I used the most active clubs as illustration, since they were the most obvious counterpoint.

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Considering we have a manager that seems pretty weird.

Ha, considering it was a bit of silly light hearted fun I didn't think anyone would comment, thanks fellow villain, you've made my day.

ps... I want Deano for the record 

The issue is agents/clubs know we have very rich owners.

Agents can leak our name to generate interest in their client.

We spent huge sums last summer and FFP is still an issue in spite of any relaxation due to Covid.

We only just stayed up, agents and clubs might want our money but a lot of players will want to aim higher.

All promoted, lower and midtable clubs will be able to compete with us on individual transfers despite our wealth.

Covid has meant that a lot of transfers and player decisions are taking longer to the detriment of all clubs.

I think by the start of next week reality will start to properly kick in and players and clubs will have to start making decisions.

But for now clubs and agents are inviting bidding wars, players are still trying to get their dream moves and very little of that is resulting in very much happening.

A lot of teams are also refusing to sell until they buy in replacements.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

We are 1 of only 5 clubs in the Premier League to not make a single senior signing. That's 25% which, yes, is a minority.

I didn't think I needed to list out every single club and their business thus far, as that information can be easily gleaned from a quick Google or the Sky Sports website. I used the most active clubs as illustration, since they were the most obvious counterpoint.

This point has been put to bed in a few very well, thought out posts where the information has been used. The fact that you're not willing to provide and substance shows alot.

I'm not reposting the long, detailed post I did. But that 1 in 5 is incorrect when comparing squads to last season. And most clubs have bought 1 maybe 2 players that I'm not remotely jealous we didn't sign. 

You can't use other clubs buying narrative, because you're incorrect basically.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Let’s put it this way I don’t think club thought the window would go the way it has so far, that is my opinion based on what Smith has said about getting signings in early etc. I think that’s my main worry not so much what other clubs are doing. 

This mysterious almost self aware window.

Just make an acceptable offer.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

This mysterious almost self aware window.

Just make an acceptable offer.

Prove we haven't. Transfers are more than just make an offer, offer wages. Buy a player.

Don't be so basic.

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I always watched the VV and I always had the sense they spoke on point and never gave false news out, also it passes the time away.

They even say in first bit of the video about the rubbish on social media lol.

I'm not disagreeing, but if you want any genuine transfer information they are far from being ITK. Bardell gets some of his info from Gregg Evans, which says it all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

All this "sign players now" nonsense is becoming really tedious and childish. Do you seriously think the club aren't doing everything they can to get the best deals they possibly can and improve the squad? Of course they are. Anyone can see that this transfer window is 100 times more difficult than a normal window. Signings will be made when they're made. We just have to be patient. If that means that we don't have signings in by the first game then so be it. It's really not the end of the world.

I don’t think anybody is doubting the club aren’t doing everything they can to get players in. But until it’s starts happening it’s frustrating for fans.  The window has been disappointing so far. Hopefully by the end of the month we’ll be happy.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think anybody is doubting the club aren’t doing everything they can to get players in. But until it’s starts happening it’s frustrating for fans.  The window has been disappointing so far. Hopefully by the end of the month we’ll be happy.

I think some are. Especially on twatter.