Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And maybe Villa Park is made of cheese and Dean Smith is actually Dean Saunders in an elaborate rubber mask and Purslow is actually Doug Ellis who faked his own death and is plotting a takeover from within...

I mean there is absolutely no foundation to any of my theories * so they hold as much credibility as your one! 

Why come out with stuff like this when it’s so obviously not true as evidenced by the comments from McGinn re the message he received from Eden’s.

* I think it’s a proven scientific fact that Doug Ellis is immortal and put on this earth to hold Villa back for eternity

Double post *

Edited by joshharris12
Double post

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd like to think we are taking our time and turning the screw on the players we really want rather than accepting a straight up no and moving on to plan B/C/D etc. 

These owners aren't daft, they know what's needed and will try and get it.

I think that's exactly what we're doing.

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd like to think we are taking our time and turning the screw on the players we really want rather than accepting a straight up no and moving on to plan B/C/D etc. 

These owners aren't daft, they know what's needed and will try and get it.

I have a slight hope the silence means we are targetting a higher calibre of players than what we've been linked with and signed the last 12 months. 

• Like 2

If we don’t sign anyone and we stick with the squad we currently have. Do you believe we’ll do better, the same or worse than last season? 

Based upon what we were doing at the end of last season, I think our current team will achieve more points than we did last season. Also having Shakespeare in the coaching team, he will help squeeze more out of our players. So I’m not as fearful of the lack of signings so far. 

however, a few new additions would be a benefit Mr Lange 

Need to get cracking.

There shouldn't be any excuses this season but bedding in new signings is becoming a legitimate possibility that could cost us points.

We've got a chance to make a decent start as well.

Fraser looks like he is set for Newcastle on a free. I know people are put off but his attitude towards the end of last season but he is better than what we have and would have been gettable. I can understand him not wanting to play and jeopardise a future, similar to the likes if Watkins not playing in a friendly.

More gutting is that fact that Newcastle of all clubs are more active than us this window!

Just now, Tez500 said:

Fraser looks like he is set for Newcastle on a free. I know people are put off but his attitude towards the end of last season but he is better than what we have and would have been gettable. I can understand him not wanting to play and jeopardise a future, similar to the likes if Watkins not playing in a friendly.

More gutting is that fact that Newcastle of all clubs are more active than us this window!

I’d have liked us to get him.

8 minutes ago, string28 said:

It's not the owners I think it's more down to christian purslow. Trying to make sure we dont pay over the odds.

Which is his job isn’t it?

But we paid over the odds last summer to land Mings and we spent a huge amount for a promoted team. 

4 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Are we after Fraser then? No? Its not a fact then. It's not even likely.

• Confused 1

Every window it's the same. People come across as if they think multimillion pound transfers are simple, but every window the vast majority of transfers take time and happen later more often than not. There's still over a month left of this window. That's the shit thing imo, that the window goes to the 5th of October. 

I said it over a month ago that I feared it would take time and that we'd start the season with more or less the squad that finished it. This is not ideal, but there is a lot going on in the world right now.

If transfers were easy they'd all be done on day 1. But that's clearly not the reality.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Alot of Rumours on twatter that we haave bid 10m for Romero from united.

Would be very happy with that. Only 33

Mental when it comes to keepers it's "Only 33" , but for outfield players 30 is "one foot in the grave". Lol

• Like 1