Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Predict no signings today... Bullshit Wednesday

My ITK source assures me Lange is busy negotiating deals with a number of targets. Either that or he's listening to a lot of Nirvana.

All anyone can hear from his office is "Hello, hello, hello, how low?"

• Like 4

Rashica had a 200 page thread despite not one single credible link, yet we are supposed to be 'in talks' with Callum Wilson and he doesn't even have a thread!

Links to Wilson could be a load of old gash also, his agent casually trying to put pressure on Newcastle by leaking false links to us in the press as everyone knows we have money and are in the hunt for strikers.

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The only issue I'd take with this post is that 28 is not 'on the decline', it's 'in his prime'. An athlete who looks after himself has at least 3-4 years of playing at the highest level left in him. 

Yeah but with Wilson’s injury record that’s not the case.

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

My ITK source assures me Lange is busy negotiating deals with a number of targets. Either that or he's listening to a lot of Nirvana.

Your avatar sums up your joke :)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

One day, in about hundred years time or so, we can all look back at this thread and laaaaaaaaaaaaaugh.

We can all gather round the Rashica statue outside Villa Park (or Soylent Park as it will be known) and laugh all about it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The only issue I'd take with this post is that 28 is not 'on the decline', it's 'in his prime'. An athlete who looks after himself has at least 3-4 years of playing at the highest level left in him. 

Precisely. So after the 4 year deal is up or nearing it's end, he's going to be 31 - 32 and have little resale value, if any.  You end up letting all the players go on a free. 

I have to say I'm amazed at the figures being bandied around for Messi.  Yes he's had an incredible season and been the best in the world for years now, but he's 33 now.  How much longer can he seriously go on for at the top of his game? He could have a rapid decline if the legs go.  Someone may be forking out £1bn for a single season, two tops from him. 

That kind of cash will buy you a lot of future Lionel Messi's. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

All this talk about Watkins but what is happening around Benrahma?

Benrahma now back in training, not being picked or played along with Watkins, it will be a mutual agreement by all as they are both on the move, the last thing the club want is for two valuable assets to get injured before being sold, I'm sure the players feel the same way, why should they risk a likely lucrative new pay packet.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to say I'm amazed at the figures being bandied around for Messi.  Yes he's had an incredible season and been the best in the world for years now, but he's 33 now.  How much longer can he seriously go on for at the top of his game? He could have a rapid decline if the legs go.  Someone may be forking out £1bn for a single season, two tops from him. 

Disagree. Look at Ronaldo in Juventus - they're both just way too good. They'll get 3 or 4 great seasons out of him, then send him to their US team and in the process more than make up for their outlay financially through commercial deals, exposure and shirt sales.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That kind of cash buys you exactly 0 future Messi's. He's too rare a talent. Ask Utd what a billion buys them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Precisely. So after the 4 year deal is up or nearing it's end, he's going to be 31 - 32 and have little resale value, if any.  You end up letting all the players go on a free. 

Messi is a rare acceptation.  He brings a lot of commercial value 

all them kit sales 

if he does go To Man City, the Etihad may have some fans in there. More Messi fans than Man City fans.

Also, what ever club he goes to that club will be able to attract more lucrative sponsorships, due to having one of the worlds best players.  

and currently, he’s still is one of the world best players and will improve almost every team

54 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Nirvana? Surely Johan Lange will be listening to Lange's tunes

https://www.discogs.com/artist/66733-Lange

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

He would if the club didn't pick him and they didn't want to risk an injury if he was 100% off. Why risk an asset at its peak price, gets injured then the price crashes.

James Milner was playing the day before he moved, the transfer had been agreed. 
I just think Jacks personality would be the same and he’d want to play