Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Trez is likable and I hate getting on the backs of players but honestly if the best we can say about a player after this long is that he works hard then that tells you all you need to know. I'd rather persevere with hoping Traore can play his way into form than put up with that turgid shite anymore.

Funny when he thought Smith was bringing him off because he'd cut his head, not because he's rubbish.

Giving the big thumbs up with his head pouring with blood.

Tries hard. Absolutely crap. 

Edited by Tomaszk

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dude couldn't finish his dinner.

He's shown his reliable with the instinctive back post finishes. Less so with the time to think chances.

Can't see it improving really given he's mid 20s now. Will go in same category as likes of Vassell and Gabby who never really improved one on one.

Should've buried the six yard box chance anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Bit of an over-reaction.

Trez was poor today, no mistake. But made a penalty and ultimately Fabianski did well to save that one-on-one.

Not really he missed from 4 yards same as he did twice against Brighton and in both games it cost us (as did a shit penalty) in this league you don’t get enough chances to be able to put finishes like that down to bad luck or a good save. From 4 yards stood on your own the keeper should get no chance to make a good save. Don’t think it was going in anyway 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Aswan’s Unfinished Obelisk was started by Trezeguet’s ancestors. 

He’s improved massively on last season but can he take the next step and improve his finishing? His confidence in front of goal is somewhere down near Hogan’s. He badly needs a goal. 

• Haha 2

I like him actually but his head has gone. He looked distraught after he missed the sitter, not just immediately after but a good couple of minutes after. Ollie Watkins had to have a word with him to calm him down. 

Traore seems altogether calmer and I thought showed some decent skill last night. Think Traore needs to be starting and let Trez build up his confidence coming off the bench. Trez will score some more for us, I still think he’s an important part of the squad. It’s times like this that I’m glad that fans aren’t in stadiums to get on his back, he’d be getting destroyed. 

Had a MOTM performance last week. A shocker this week.

Gets singled out, though, as he's usually involved in our good pieces of play and also our biggest missed chances.

He starts against Newcastle, for mine, since Traore hasn't done enough to displace him yet.

He's nowhere near good enough, has the all the footballing ability of someone who should be playing for a mid-table turkish side like Kasımpaşa. A lot of people here like him because he's a trier (unlike El Ghazi) but putting the effort in is the least we should expect from all of our players.  

Â