Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

he's gonna struggle to get back in the first 11 when he comes back.

Yes he works hard, but recent matches have shown the difference forward players can make when they are actually good going forward.......(Traore & the rejuvenated Anwar)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yes he works hard, but recent matches have shown the difference forward players can make when they are actually good going forward.......(Traore & the rejuvenated Anwar)

Leaving aside that he’s done very well in 2020, I think even just having him in the squad as an option to, for example, come on for Traore or AEG after an hour or so against Chelsea is a much better option than waiting until it feels safe to put Davis on and push Watkins wide. 

If two of AEG, Trez and Traore are on the bench (assuming JG and RB will almost always start when fit) it gives us at least the option of some changes out wide.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Trezeguet would have been a better option yesterday.

But i can see a case for Traore in the games where we are expected to dominate the ball

• Like 3

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Trezeguet would have been a better option yesterday.

But i can see a case for Traore in the games where we are expected to dominate the ball

Trez has more workrate.....Traore is more elusive.

I think it depends who we are playing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, skarroki said:

Be good to have him back to warm the bench but I wouldn't be putting him into this team on the run we're having without him unless some players need a rest. 

Nobody deserves to lose their place tbf - he's a good option to have but long term I can't see him as a starter. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nobody deserves to lose their place tbf - he's a good option to have but long term I can't see him as a starter. 

I agree, I don't think anyone deserves to lose their place.

On 29/12/2020 at 14:36, MaVilla said:

Possibly but we have a lot of yellow cards which don’t reset for five games. 

he’s likely to get back in on that alone

29 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Possibly but we have a lot of yellow cards which don’t reset for five games. 

he’s likely to get back in on that alone

yeah, i just mean first 11 choice, hopefully we have moved beyond that now.

On 29/12/2020 at 06:50, Adam2003 said:

Leaving aside that he’s done very well in 2020, I think even just having him in the squad as an option to, for example, come on for Traore or AEG after an hour or so against Chelsea is a much better option than waiting until it feels safe to put Davis on and push Watkins wide. 

If two of AEG, Trez and Traore are on the bench (assuming JG and RB will almost always start when fit) it gives us at least the option of some changes out wide.

That's Smith problem. He used to put El Ghazi and Traore on too late. Why don't he put Davis earlier?

As much as I like Smith, I used to defend him even in our worst runs (wether that's in the Championship or the PL). But he needs to fix this. We have players that could do the job, against Chelsea you can see our players knackered, even Jack you could see it in him.

I think against the very best teams, particularly away from home, we are better balanced with Jack, Ross and Trez behind Ollie. We can then use Bert and AEG from the bench as required. I thought we were a bit lucky against Chelsea despite a very committed performance from the team.

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I thought Traore was poor against Chelsea.

I thought Traore was good. His corners and free kicks are excellent, particularly corners. He wasn’t great, just good, but I wouldn’t say any player was poor in the Chelsea game.

Â