Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Not too bothered by his absence. Of all the players we could lose to injury, he's one of the least concerning. We signed a 17m right winger in the Summer. 

Its a blessing in disguise.  He wasn't doing anything particularly good or bad on the wing. Definitely improved from last year but still not offering much tangible end product.  The kind of performance that would see him not getting dropped though. 

So it forces a change and gives us chance to see what a better ( in theory) winger can offer us. If it exposes us and sees us conceding goals from both wings then it becomes a validation of Trez in the overall team structure. If not, it shows us what we were missing and potentially sees us with an even bigger threat up front.

Hope he recovers soon though,  good to have as many options as possible over the upcoming hectic schedule.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Its a blessing in disguise. 

How do you know it's a blessing in disguise?

Wolves is the only game we can draw from so far. And we created next to nothing all game. Traore didn't do anything other than a flash of brilliance which only resulted in a corner.

Hate to be that guy but Trezeguet's underlying numbers are very good. He was actually a pretty good finisher last year and scored six goals in under 2,000 mins for a fairly sh*t team. The goals will come.

He has been way better this season (even slightly better compared with the restart period imo), his all-round attacking play has got a lot better, and he is vital to our defensive work on that side. Huge miss and more important than Traore til he gets some match fitness imo.

32 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hate to be that guy but Trezeguet's underlying numbers are very good. He was actually a pretty good finisher last year and scored six goals in under 2,000 mins for a fairly sh*t team. The goals will come.

He has been way better this season (even slightly better compared with the restart period imo), his all-round attacking play has got a lot better, and he is vital to our defensive work on that side. Huge miss and more important than Traore til he gets some match fitness imo.

He had a small purple patch right at the end of last season when he scored 3 vital goals but before that he had worse output than El Ghazi (3G 1A vs 4G 4A) from similar minutes.

This season he's got the highest xG in the entire league out of players who haven't scored a single goal.

I agree that I'd prefer Trez to be fit and starting this game to help Traore ease in but I don't think we can really expect many goals to come from Trez based on everything other than our incredible 4 game run at the end of last season.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

How do you know it's a blessing in disguise?

Wolves is the only game we can draw from so far. And we created next to nothing all game. Traore didn't do anything other than a flash of brilliance which only resulted in a corner.

That's his point. Traore needs time on the pitch if he is to get better. Trez's injury gives him a couple games to do that. If it doesn't work out then Trez will slide back into his starting spot no harm done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's his point. Traore needs time on the pitch if he is to get better. Trez's injury gives him a couple games to do that. If it doesn't work out then Trez will slide back into his starting spot no harm done.

I think El Ghazi deserves a chance as Traore has not impressed so far.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

This season he's got the highest xG in the entire league out of players who haven't scored a single goal.

On the flip side he is getting into good positions and that's a sign of very good movement, which is a talent of it's own.

The hard part is done, he just needs to work on his finishing. Although we have seen him been clinical at times last season.

Traore is not getting into those same scoring positions but let's see how he do in the coming weeks.

So Trez is out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. He’ll be a big miss for us over Christmas. Time for Traoré and El Ghazi to step up and show some consistent form now. We’re going to need our squad players more than we would have hoped. 

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So Trez is out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. He’ll be a big miss for us over Christmas. Time for Traoré and El Ghazi to step up and show some consistent form now. We’re going to need our squad players more than we would have hoped. 

I agree with us not being at full force it's time and a chance for those who come into to show there worth. Put in some good performances and prove they can challenge for the place they are playing in today because others are out.

We need whoever's plays in place of our injured and match banned to play with a spark and to show the opposition they are still here to pressure them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s a sign of good squad depth when a player who was seemingly crucial a few weeks ago hasn’t been missed at all.

Still need him back and buzzing around for when we are on the back foot, and need to close out games without going too defensive.

2 of Traore, AEG and trez starting, and the third coming on at 65-70 minutes for the most underperforming of the two that started is a good position to be in.

I’m very happy with our wing options at the moment, I hope it lasts!

20 hours ago, Thug said:

I think it’s a sign of good squad depth when a player who was seemingly crucial a few weeks ago hasn’t been missed at all.

Still need him back and buzzing around for when we are on the back foot, and need to close out games without going too defensive.

2 of Traore, AEG and trez starting, and the third coming on at 65-70 minutes for the most underperforming of the two that started is a good position to be in.

Agreed, although a fourth option would be even better! 

20 hours ago, Thug said:

Put it this way, if Ghazi and Traore start with bad performances as I feel they both had one last night, if that were to continue squad depth would soon be talked about again.

It's only the fact that our Wingers have been mostly doing the business past few games that people feel were abit better of in that area.

Â