Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I gave him tons of abuse last season but he is far from our worst this season. Hes been excellent but tries too hard some times. He just lacks a bit of composure and the X factor to unlock defences on the right. The composure will come but not sure about the rest. I'm not sure traore has enough either tbh as he looks overwhelmed by the pace and a bit passive. the little I've seen of him. 

He’s been far from ‘excellent’. I’m sorry, but the biggest compliment you can give him is he works hard. Aside from work rate, he’s so limited. Nearly all of our attacks break down when he gets the ball. Can’t stand watching him play. 

Traore needs to start the next game. We spent 17m on him and he’s been here long enough to get up to speed. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure that 'works hard' is necessarily the biggest compliment you could pay someone who has scored vital goals for us when we desperately needed them. We would have been relegated without him. He looks a poor player a lot of the time, but he certainly carries a goal threat. His two sitters in the last two games have been horrific misses, but they say with strikers it isn't missing them that is the real problem, it is when they aren't getting into the positions to score them that is a bigger worry.

I think he will continue to work hard, look poor and score goals. Traore looks a better quality player no doubt, but will he have as much impact, who knows?

For me he has to start the next game. And so does Traore. Conor cannot start in defensive midfield, and McGinn cannot start further up the field. Leaves us with only one option for the 3 offensive midfielders.

Luiz and McGinn back to the deep lying pair. It's as good as we can hope for without Ross.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

For me he has to start the next game. And so does Traore. Conor cannot start in defensive midfield, and McGinn cannot start further up the field. Leaves us with only one option for the 3 offensive midfielders.

Luiz and McGinn back to the deep lying pair. It's as good as we can hope for without Ross.

With the Newcastle game now postponed I'm just hoping Barkley will be back.

30 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think he's been great despite the misses. Miles ahead of last season when he played poorly but was efficient in front of goal. I think on Monday was one of his weaker games though.

Agree with this.  He has been very good in helping us stay solid defensively this season  early on especially. He has been OK going forwards most games too, with the odd nice touch and move, without doing anything at the extremes of amazing or especially wasteful. Maybe Brighton does fall into that  latter category, but that makes 2 games out of 9 where that applies.

He was relatively poor overall on Monday,  and missed a sitter to boot. Bad game, but his first real stinker this season (ignoring Leeds when everyone was crap). His other performances can be described as solid, average, or busy..  at worst. However, for me they are more than that and he has been one of our better players this season.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

He's been great this season, but the last I'd say 1.5 games he's reverted to how he was last season. Think that miss against Brighton messed him up a bit. He has generally been clinical in front of goal even if his general play had been poor. Even for Egypt before the Brighton game he scored an excellent poacher's goal. He just needs to get back into the headspace he was in before then.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Still one of the first names on my team sheet.

Haters gonna hate.

funny seeing as you do more hating than most and that's coming from me someone who does some hating in my spare time

Edited by VillanousOne

On 01/12/2020 at 19:39, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been far from ‘excellent’. I’m sorry, but the biggest compliment you can give him is he works hard. Aside from work rate, he’s so limited. Nearly all of our attacks break down when he gets the ball. Can’t stand watching him play. 

Traore needs to start the next game. We spent 17m on him and he’s been here long enough to get up to speed. 

This times a thousand.

He's improved a lot, and his effort is unquestionable. He also has a nice habit of popping up with goals.

But his overall play, particularly his technical ability is still lacking massively. He's doing a good job, but a job is all it is. He'd still be the first regular starter I'd want upgrading by a mile

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Still one of the first names on my team sheet.

Haters gonna hate.

Quite literally the last name on the teamsheet for me.

He has to start at the moment, but only because we have nobody better (unless Traore progresses).

If we're going to do any business in January, this is where we should be aiming

• Like 3

The very fact that so many of us keep having to say "he works hard" just says it all really. Yes, he does work hard but he's so bad on the ball, it's depressing. Every other player in the first 11 is comfortable on the ball. He can't get by on work rate alone. He's becoming a liability.

Well I'd still sooner have Trez on than Ghazi, so apart from Traore we are not exactly having much option on the right Wing.

Agreed Traore has been here abit now and he should be cementing a first place and if he isnt then something is wrong. From what I've seen from Traore is that hes quick, skillfull and he will go at players and try to do the flashy dazzle stuff, but like Trez and Ghazi they both mess up in the final third. Now if he can become better in the final third is another question entirely but if we dont play him full 90s we wont ever really know will we.

Traore also likes cutting through from the flanks where he can land himself just outside the box. Even will go as far as dribbling the ball over to that Box and rather than shoot pass it off to the opposite wing if he can cause commotion. 

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, useless said:

Dean Smith will choose who plays, and no one else.

Who told you such things, it is VillaTalk members who choose because we are the all powerful behind Villa.😋

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Quite literally the last name on the teamsheet for me.

He has to start at the moment, but only because we have nobody better (unless Traore progresses).

If we're going to do any business in January, this is where we should be aiming

Trez, targett, and a bench CM are the glaring holes in our team right now. Hopefully we can address at least one of them this winter. 

Â