Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Depends what you mean by a dive to be honest. The fall is a dive, but he gets kicked in the shin.

That video shows no contact. But lets assume there was contact, on 1 leg, yet in a delayed reaction both feet at same time spring of the floor!

• Haha 1

Just now, woody153 said:

Fact is the brighton player touched the ball first, no pen.

How can that be questioned?

That's exactly why the ref reversed his decision after viewing it.

That isn't how it works. He didn't dispossess trez. If trez wasn't kicked he would have gotten to the ball first. Touching the ball first doesn't mean you didn't commit a foul. If he kicked the ball out of play then kicked trez's shin then it isn't a penalty. As it is trez would have still had the ball in the box if he didn't get fouled. 

Just now, woody153 said:

That video shows no contact. But lets assume there was contact, on 1 leg, yet in a delayed reaction both feet at same time spring of the floor!

"For a moment I had my heart in my mouth but I got a bit of the ball. I haven't seen it back but sometimes with the follow-through you cannot avoid making contact."

1 minute ago, woody153 said:

March himself has said he kicked him so you’re just completely wrong. 

(lol at delayed reaction though :D)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

because the ball is still at Trezeguet’s feet when he follows through into his shin, fouling him. it’s ridiculously simple.

But there was no contact anyway!

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, woody153 said:

you can see the brighton player pulled his foot back clear then 'both feet off the ground' dive.

Yeah, take away the shirt colours and the Brighton player got the ball, the contact with the man was not enough to bring him down, not even remotely.  Trez threw himself down, as do 99% of players in the modern game, including those of Leeds. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it is. It’s not quite cheating, but it’s pretty close. Simulating that they’ve been chopped down, when the contact is light.

Just now, woody153 said:

But there was no contact anyway!

"For a moment I had my heart in my mouth but I got a bit of the ball. I haven't seen it back but sometimes with the follow-through you cannot avoid making contact."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Would've been a harsh pen imo and Trezeguet throwing himself around didn't help the cause. What I don't agree with is overturning the penalty so it should've stood.

Mostly agree, but the defender got the ball, ergo no pen. Correct decision.

Just now, blandy said:

Yeah, take away the shirt colours and the Brighton player got the ball, the contact with the man was not enough to bring him down, not even remotely.  Trez threw himself down, as do 99% of players in the modern game, including those of Leeds. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it is. It’s not quite cheating, but it’s pretty close. Simulating that they’ve been chopped down, when the contact is light.

Yes I agree.

Harry kewell did it way back for us & I've always detested it.

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

“Got the ball” is wrong. The ball hit him after bouncing up off the ground. The defender failed to play the ball and kicked the attacker in the shin. 
How he went over is completely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Mostly agree, but the defender got the ball, ergo no pen. Correct decision.

As I said in another post I disagree that 'touching the ball = no pen'. Seems like a bit of a blanket statement to me. If I touch the ball can I follow through and break someone's leg?

Just now, bobzy said:

“Got the ball” is wrong. The ball hit him after bouncing up off the ground. The defender failed to play the ball and kicked the attacker in the shin. 
How he went over is completely irrelevant. 

He pulled his foot back though, he did not kick the shin.

Just now, woody153 said:

Watch the vid, no contact.

it’s absolutely clear contact, his shin bounced off trezeguet’s, whether it’s watching it in slow motion that’s deceiving you or something else I don’t know, but it’s obvious and not even under discussion especially when the player admits to making contact himself.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

As I said in another post I disagree that 'touching the ball = no pen'. Seems like a bit of a blanket statement to me. If I touch the ball can I follow through and break someone's leg?

No, absolutely not. Reckless tackles are not the same as slight contact with the man. Serious foul play and endangering an opponent = red card + pen if in the box.

10 minutes ago, woody153 said:

Fact is the brighton player touched the ball first, no pen.

How can that be questioned?

That's exactly why the ref reversed his decision after viewing it.

It doesn't matter that he got a slight touch on the ball first, he got the man as well which stopped Trezeguet from getting to the ball.

By your reckoning, when a player slides into a challenge it is OK to snap a players leg as long as he gets the ball first. 

Â