Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Quantity has a quality all of its own.

If your work rate is as unbreakable as his is, you don't need to be the most skillful. His game is to never, ever stop. He must drive opposition because he's like a terrier, he is going to chase them down until his legs can't work anymore.

Couple that with his instinct to attack the back post and sneak round the back of the defence on a cross and he's become a properly useful player. 

Good man.

• Like 1

He's become a vital player to this team.

He came in as a winger, but has worked so hard to improve that he has become a proper workhorse, but retains that element of skill.

Deserves all the plaudits coming to him, and there's a few players in the squad who should have a picture of him on their wall at home, and look at it every day thinking 'with hard work, I too can be like him'. 

He looks so much fitter this season, looks like he's done a lot of work in the gym too to bulk up a bit. Was blowing out his arse last season after 60 minutes. 

Great player for us and is much better than I originally anticipated.

I quite liked how moody/angry he looked after the first goal went in. Not sure if that was because he knew he didn't score or if he's just miserable but was funny. 

He's the wide version of N'Golo Kante.

Absolutely relentless all game last night. Popped up in places you wouldn't expect him to to win back possession.

Really impressed with him this season. It's his place to lose in this team now.

Most improved player this season I think. Everyone's game has raised but I think he had more ground to make up than most. Not just physically or mentally, but technically his game was all over the shop, positionally, decision making. He's had some ground to cover and done fantastic getting his game together. He's becoming un-droppable. Jeez...did I just say that?!

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Most improved player this season I think. Everyone's game has raised but I think he had more ground to make up than most. Not just physically or mentally, but technically his game was all over the shop, positionally, decision making. He's had some ground to cover and done fantastic getting his game together. He's becoming un-droppable. Jeez...did I just say that?!

I'd argue that the most improved player is actually Jack, as good as he already was, he's on another level now, whatever he touches he turns into gold, 9 goal contributions in 7 games, 10 if you count the penalty won against Southampton. 

But I'm with you, I had written Trez off last season, he was dire. What an improvement!

He's currently number 18 in whoscored ratings for PL players this season which is already mighty impressive in of itself.

Then you consider also that he only has one assist and 0 goals despite being a winger. Meaning that he managed to achieve this high rating almost purely through other means.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1754612148_Screenshot(179).thumb.png.3ab6dcb9f6fccbc09781bb23446ee6bc.png

Here's what Smarterscout(same guys that predicted Samatta would be shit for us) has to say about he's performances so far in the RW position. Improved across the board, but particularly in his defensive contribution and ball retention. The fact that his defensive quantity metric has gone to 99 aligns with the fact that Trezeguet is currently the winger with the most amount of attempted tackles per 90 in the PL. 50% more than the next best Richarlison.(Ignoring sub appearances because those are a bitch to go through). 

All other relevant defensive stats are also really high for a winger aside from passes blocked which is still pretty decent.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

It may be just my mind wondering having had a job where I had to read body language, his face when he scored said something to me, he had a bit attitude in his face and eyes.

Was it VAR, or just because it when in off their player, or was he pissed at Traore starting the last game (hope so), is he annoyed at forums and social media, what what, I dont know.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It may be just my mind wondering having had a job where I had to read body language, his face when he scored said something to me, he had a bit attitude in his face and eyes.

Was it VAR, or just because it when in off their player, or was he pissed at Traore starting the last game (hope so), is he annoyed at forums and social media, what what, I dont know.

He may have stubbed his toe on the back on Saka's calf

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Trez’s face told me he knew it was an own goal. I liked his reaction because seeing a player celebrating like they’ve scored a worldie when they didn’t get a touch can be annoying.

• Like 1

Â