Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I have a cognitive dissonance that I’m not watching the same person play as last season 

hes grafting alone is worth his place, he’s even starting to look dangerous 

Yep, but also remember that we need to give some of the foreign players between a half and a full season before they are ready for Premier League. I think what we are seeing now is a player that is ready for the league. A problem last year was also how difficult our table position was, so we could hardly give the players from abroad the time they needed.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 11:36, Enda said:

You (and many others) were saying the same thing about Trez last season.

Give Traore (or anyone else) at least ten games before you make your mind up IMHO.

In my opinion, it’s a full season and a half before you can make up your mind. 

• Like 1

It's crazy to think after what we saw from him last year that now Trez is absolutely vital to this team. His work rate on that right hand side is immense and his ability to pop up at the back post top notch, the one thing we did know from last season. 

Guess it shows that myself and probably a lot of us on here need to give new signings time to adjust to life and new surroundings when they join the club. 

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Is it just me or has he come in leaps and bounds since the restart of last season?!

Not massively for me no. He's fitter maybe, but still short of being a "good" PL player.

Fantastic bit of play leading up to the second bringing down a long pass and dancing inside.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

I have a cognitive dissonance that I’m not watching the same person play as last season 

hes grafting alone is worth his place, he’s even starting to look dangerous 

He's found his feet, and having better players around him doesn't hurt either.

I'm still not his biggest fan, but he played very well tonight.  Deserves to continue to start based on his form so far this season.  Having a 15 million pound replacement sitting on the bench just waiting for you to slip up is never an easy situation for someone to play in, but I think his response so far this season has been a testament to his work ethic and his character.  

Â