Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I can't believe how much he has improved. Just shows how far you can come from hard work. Great role model for kids to watch. 

He is perfect for us right now but if we are to push on next season, I'm hoping we can find another hard working player that has that little bit more quality. 

Honestly, I still wouldn't count him out. Who's to say he has stopped developing. Rooney had Park Ji-Sung, Gerrard had Kuyt. When you are a generational talent like Jack you need grafter who can do the dirty work and then has no problem letting you have the ball for large swaths of the game. 

Trez is the right age, just entering his physical prime at 27, and on a club friendly deal ( 33k/week) He could easily be that guy for Jack. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Honestly, I still wouldn't count him out. Who's to say he has stopped developing. Rooney had Park Ji-Sung, Gerrard had Kuyt. When you are a generational talent like Jack you need grafter who can do the dirty work and then has no problem letting you have the ball for large swaths of the game. 

Trez is the right age, just entering his physical prime at 27, and on a club friendly deal ( 33k/week) He could easily be that guy for Jack. 

I agree with both you and the poster you're replying to. Trezguet and Mcginn are the graft to Jack and Ross' craft. And that is especially important when you don't have the best first eleven in the league. I also believe Trezguet is still improving.

However the very best teams have so much quality they can dominate possession for long periods and thus only need one grafter in the team so long as the 'crafters' do their bit when out of possession. Thus these teams only need one grafter in one of the central midfield positions. A work horse in an attacking position is more of a hindrance unless they have real quality on ball as well. In our case we aren't the best so we have to work that much harder to compete. This is why both Mcginn and Trezguet are needed.

Kuyt played for an also ran Liverpool and Park was playing for one of the weakest Man U teams under Fergie it should be mentioned. The treble winning Man U team had only one work horse (Keane), everyone else was quality. Beckham's expansive passing, crossing and set pieces. Giggs, dribbling and interplay, Scholes passing and movement, Yorke's creativity and skill, and Andy Cole's movement, pace and goals.

The best teams rely on players with ability that also work hard. Trezguet has started to show some ability but needs to show more in addition  to his endeavour if he wants to make the position his own long term. As we should always be looking to improve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I agree with both you and the poster you're replying to. Trezguet and Mcginn are the graft to Jack and Ross' craft. And that is especially important when you don't have the best first eleven in the league. I also believe Trezguet is still improving.

However the very best teams have so much quality they can dominate possession for long periods and thus only need one grafter in the team so long as the 'crafters' do their bit when out of possession. Thus these teams only need one grafter in one of the central midfield positions. A work horse in an attacking position is more of a hindrance unless they have real quality on ball as well. In our case we aren't the best so we have to work that much harder to compete. This is why both Mcginn and Trezguet are needed.

Kuyt played for an also ran Liverpool and Park was playing for one of the weakest Man U teams under Fergie it should be mentioned. The treble winning Man U team had only one work horse (Keane), everyone else was quality. Beckham's expansive passing, crossing and set pieces. Giggs, dribbling and interplay, Scholes passing and movement, Yorke's creativity and skill, and Andy Cole's movement, pace and goals.

The best teams rely on players with ability that also work hard. Trezguet has started to show some ability but needs to show more in addition  to his endeavour if he wants to make the position his own long term. As we should always be looking to improve. 

McGinn does also have a decent level of craft on the ball though.  He's a great hybrid, who will have his off days, but just needs to get a settled position.  Looks like he may now have that to show what he can do. 

Trez is adding consistency and more ability (or showing more ability) as well.  He's played some exceptional passes this season,  and a fair few bits of skill alongside his back post heroics. Wish there was a compliation of it I could link to..

Looks promising to me 

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn does also have a decent level of craft on the ball though.  He's a great hybrid, who will have his off days, but just needs to get a settled position.  Looks like he may now have that to show what he can do. 

Trez is adding consistency and more ability (or showing more ability) as well.  He's played some exceptional passes this season,  and a fair few bits of skill alongside his back post heroics. Wish there was a compliation of it I could link to..

Looks promising to me 

I agree with you on Trez. McGinn is a bit of a hybrid. But for me serves the team better keeping it simple in his deeper position. His passing is very hit and miss when he is trying to push the team forward. When he is hounded and forced to pass the ball it often goes astray also. I prefer him in this deeper position where he has to play the percentages a bit more. I think it will bring out the best in him.  

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He probably earnt us 5 times that amount with his goals at the back end of last season.  I think he is one of the players who benefited from there being no fans in the ground as he will always be a candidate for scapegoat due to his inconsistency.  One minute he can look like a carthorse but then keeps going and pops up with a decisive bit of play later in the game but that's harder to do when you've been getting pelters and your confidence suffers.

Probably true, but it's also worth mentioning he might have developed, and more importantly started utilizing his strengths to a higher degree. 

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Salah has just tested positive for COVID, and considering that Trez was just with him at a wedding in Egypt, I wonder if this might be a problem for us

Mmmm. But we're not playing until 10 days anyway? 

Why isn't the PL stricter with the players on this? What's the point of scraping together a PL season when you'll inevitably have teams quarantining due to exposure and messing up the season anyway? Play in a bubble like the NBA did. Zero cases in that bubble.

6 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Can’t see anything online to see that he’s tested positive. Maybe he got lucky? Presumably he’d have found out today if he was positive or not, like Salah?

It's not certain that he'll get it. I've just got it 2-3 weeks ago. I was with some people before knowing. I think it was 3-4 days by then. But gladly no one got it. Apart from 2-3 who also met at the same time with another one who had it.

Couple of months ago (well two days before we won against Arsenal last season), I was with someone in the car (without mask too as we're meeting almost daily). He had it by then, and went later on the check. But it didn't came to me. So sometimes it's not that easy to transfer. Or it might have a peak time to transfer.  I've heard day 4 to day 7 is the most days for it to give it to someone else.

• Sad 1

Â