Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

At that back post he is a threat....it has happened too many times recently to be anything but planned.

when a cross comes in from the left, I immediately look for him now.

his workrate is a massive boost....but consistency is that key.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He works really hard.

But he's still rubbish.

So =9th best in PL with 3 tackles per game is 2nd behind Cash 3.3 and 3rd is Grealish with 1.4 for Villa 

2nd for interceptions 1.7 behind Cash 3 per game

Total rubbish 

• Thanks 1

I can’t fathom how people do not appreciate this man’s contribution.  

It’s like their minds have been made up and no matter what he does now he will always be shit.

He has been unbelievable. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So =9th best in PL with 3 tackles per game is 2nd behind Cash 3.3 and 3rd is Grealish with 1.4 for Villa 

2nd for interceptions 1.7 behind Cash 3 per game

Total rubbish 

yeah, i suppose he's ok if you want a defensive winger?

Personally i would prefer a winger who can do the leg work and be good going forward.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i suppose he's ok if you want a defensive winger?

Personally i would prefer a winger who can do the leg work and be good going forward.

We're 1st in league in goals scored per game and he's been a vital part of team. What more do you want?

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're 1st in league in goals scored per game and he's been a vital part of team. What more do you want?

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I appreciate his work rate, but I don't think he is a good player, simple as that really.

He’s very good with his work rate, defensive work and positional in attack. However, his control needs to improve plus shooting when we have the possession. He’s the best in positioning after a corner or so, and does very well shooting it or assisting it. But from open play it's not the same at all.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

At that back post he is a threat....it has happened too many times recently to be anything but planned.

when a cross comes in from the left, I immediately look for him now.

his workrate is a massive boost....but consistency is that key.

Trez last season and while it may of taken sometime, was the only player to actually start back post attacking once Lockdown finished.

TRO- how many bloody balls would we see float on over the defence to the next winger that was at the other flank. Ghazi was a pain for sending crosses way to high they would float over everyone to the other side when he was on the left.

Trezegeut will now run into the box at far post, its lovely to see him try seal a goal, he seems to have alot more confidence and is willing to put his body on the line.

• Like 1

Let's credit Suso here. Trez cost £8.75m and is currently rated by WhoScored.com as the 18th best player in the Premier League this season.

He definitely has some limitations, but you can see why Smith stuck by him. Gives 100% every week, and when we have players like Grealish and Barkley in the team, we don't need every attacking player to be a creative genius.

Something I think Trez doesn't get enough credit for is his ability in the air. Not sure if been mentioned already, but he cleared an Arsenal corner at one point with a header that nearly reached the halfway line. Trez, Luiz and Watkins are all surprisingly good at winning their aerial duels.

And he can put in a big tackle as well. Just looks like the kind of player you wouldn't want to play against. Hope he keeps improving.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4

He's the antithesis of Jack.

Where Jack is calm, measured and languid in stule, Trez is impulsive, reactive and plays on instinct. Most of his work is "first time" - he commits to a course of action for better or worse.

This isn't so good if he's one-on-one with a defender, but it is superb for late runs into the box, first time shots/crosses or getting tackles and intercepts.

He's vastly underrated as a result, but a big part of the balance of our side.

• Like 3

I can't believe how much he has improved. Just shows how far you can come from hard work. Great role model for kids to watch. 

He is perfect for us right now but if we are to push on next season, I'm hoping we can find another hard working player that has that little bit more quality. 

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Let's credit Suso here. Trez cost £8.75m and is currently rated by WhoScored.com as the 18th best player in the Premier League this season.

He definitely has some limitations, but you can see why Smith stuck by him. Gives 100% every week, and when we have players like Grealish and Barkley in the team, we don't need every attacking player to be a creative genius.

Something I think Trez doesn't get enough credit for is his ability in the air. Not sure if been mentioned already, but he cleared an Arsenal corner at one point with a header that nearly reached the halfway line. Trez, Luiz and Watkins are all surprisingly good at winning their aerial duels.

And he can put in a big tackle as well. Just looks like the kind of player you wouldn't want to play against. Hope he keeps improving.

So any idea what he would be worth now ? 

Â