Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

It may be just my mind wondering having had a job where I had to read body language, his face when he scored said something to me, he had a bit attitude in his face and eyes.

Was it VAR, or just because it when in off their player, or was he pissed at Traore starting the last game (hope so), is he annoyed at forums and social media, what what, I dont know.

I noticed it too but his face lit up into a big smile when Targett had ran over to celebrate with him. I think it was because he knew it wasn't his goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, troon_villan said:

I noticed it too but his face lit up into a big smile when Targett had ran over to celebrate with him. I think it was because he knew it wasn't his goal. 

Yes I think so and those 2 were fantastic yesterday.

I think that when Luiz and those have a good day, we are a more complete team, the are bang on most of the time so with them on it too we are really good.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Quantity has a quality all of its own.

If your work rate is as unbreakable as his is, you don't need to be the most skillful. His game is to never, ever stop. He must drive opposition because he's like a terrier, he is going to chase them down until his legs can't work anymore.

Couple that with his instinct to attack the back post and sneak round the back of the defence on a cross and he's become a properly useful player. 

Good man.

good resume...significant points.

bang on.

My thoughts on the back post have been swirling around in my head for some time, its such a breeding ground for goals.....and Trez looks like he has nailed it, in his thinking too.

I won't mention Workrate, I have done it to death......but they all worked like Trojans.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Gem of a player he’s turning into, there will always be games where he’s anonymous, that’s the life of winger particularly when the best player at the club plays on the opposing flank.

His work rate yesterday was unreal, I think there was only one occasion he let his man go and it amounted to nothing, I love this guy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gem of a player he’s turning into, there will always be games where he’s anonymous, that’s the life of winger particularly when the best player at the club plays on the opposing flank.

His work rate yesterday was unreal, I think there was only one occasion he let his man go and it amounted to nothing, I love this guy.

I like to think of him as a better Weimann

I do like the 'Trez Bremner' tag. Different position, but I can see the comparison. Des was probably the least overtly skilful player in the Saunders side, but he was a team player, had phenomenal workrate and kept it simple. Wear the opposition down, stay in their faces for ninety minutes. Every great team needs one. 

Also, Des once bought me a pint. Hope you're reading this, Trez. 

• Like 2

Currently Trezeguet and cash are winning a combined 11 tackles and interceptions per game. We as a team only make 25.7 total. I think this is part of a concerted effort to force teams down our right. As Jack and Targett have a combined 4.4 and even if you assume they are worse defensively it shouldn't really be more than twice and here it is 2.5 times which is massive.

I'll also say I think Luiz mcginn and barkley need to do more defensively in terms of winning the ball in the middle of the park and initiating counter attacks. If Mcginn could bump his numbers up to 2.5, barkley up to 1.5 and Luiz up to 3 I think we would be super dangerous. Especially since all of them can beat a man and have excellent vision and range of passing. 

• Like 1

I absolutely wrote this guy off, to the point that I was happy to see him sold in the summer. I even questioned his attitude 🤪after a bit of tantrum after being subbed. I think he just loves playing. Fast becoming an integral part of the team, offering a lot of balance. His timing, work-rate and ATTITUDE are unmatched by anyone in the squad.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Turns out opinions can change when new evidence is provided.

But fair play to you Enda for digging. Appreciate the effort levels.

Well done for owning it, so I've got proof you're not Donald Trump.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Praised by Smith after the game as well so definitely not gone unnoticed. Pretty much said he was tactically raw when he arrived but has improved rapidly

What are you telling me a player can improve after their first five matches for the club  😁 this is heresy.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Turns out opinions can change when new evidence is provided.

But fair play to you Enda for digging. Appreciate the effort levels.

Yet you still bash Traore and Wesley as not good enough 🙄

• Like 3

Â