Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Even though i think traore is a better attscking outlet than trez, i wouldnt trust him to do the same legeork that trez does.

I think traore will start vs soton

Although i don't agree with it i can't really blame Dean for doing it.

Trez had a real stinker. But so did the whole team

I just get the feeling Trez is the new scapegoat

Edited by villalad21

I think trez was one of the few players to come out of the game with any credit.  I felt deflated when Traore came on for him, but totally understood it.  What else did we have to lose.  But Traore offered nothing in either direction,  compared with Trez who at least helped defensively. 

Not a great game by any stretch, but no more deserving of criticism than anyone else on the pitch

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Although i don't agree with it i can't really blame Dean for doing it.

Trez had a real stinker. But so did the whole team

I just get the feeling Trez is the new scapegoat

He isn't just the scapegoat, he's arguably the least talented footballer to get regular starts and he's got good competition on the bench (unlike targett, for example) so it's quite understandable

I like Trez for his hardwork and occasional moments of good football but on the whole he is the kind of player that will eventually not be making the first 11 and probably not even the squad. He will eventually be replaced by Traore. In the mean time he still has a big part to play in the season. 

The lack of quality on our bench is worrying. Even with the players Leeds had out injured their bench looked stronger than ours. 

3 hours ago, WooJung said:

He isn't just the scapegoat, he's arguably the least talented footballer to get regular starts and he's got good competition on the bench (unlike targett, for example) so it's quite understandable

We won 4 games in a row with Trez in the team and he was an  important part of that.

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I think trez was one of the few players to come out of the game with any credit.  I felt deflated when Traore came on for him, but totally understood it.  What else did we have to lose.  But Traore offered nothing in either direction,  compared with Trez who at least helped defensively. 

Not a great game by any stretch, but no more deserving of criticism than anyone else on the pitch

But he really didn't help defensively in that game. 

• Like 2

I've been impressed with Trez this season, but it feels odd that he is better without the ball than with the ball. Maybe an impact sub makes more sense, but I think Dean would have to set the team up differently to accommodate Traore, which he needs to try sooner of later.

On 25/10/2020 at 12:50, DCJonah said:

But he really didn't help defensively in that game. 

No he didn't.

I think folk get confused sometimes between the specific game and the player in General.

Tez has been working hard......but he didn't in that game.

I didn't see the 3rd goal as was pissed off by then but neither of first two were Trez fault. 1st Martinez spill not covered and 2nd Barkley gave it away and they played straight through middle. I think someone had it right saying Cash was exposed because Watkins and Trez were playing high press and Grealish wasn't so they used space on their right and switched to left to get in behind Trez. It just reeks of people having reached the conclusion in advance

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't see the 3rd goal as was pissed off by then but neither of first two were Trez fault. 1st Martinez spill not covered and 2nd Barkley gave it away and they played straight through middle. I think someone had it right saying Cash was exposed because Watkins and Trez were playing high press and Grealish wasn't so they used space on their right and switched to left to get in behind Trez. It just reeks of people having reached the conclusion in advance

Disagree, first one was massively down to trez. He actually starts tracking rodrigo and then just stops. Rodrigo sprints and then he can't get close and it allows rodrigo to get a decent shot on goal. 

I blame trez for the first one more than any other player. 

Don't really see the point in blaming him for individual goals. 

He's just not a Premier League footballer. Never has been, and never will be. No amount of running around is going to change that. I'd rather see Ramsey on the wing if we're playing players because they run about a lot. 
We've signed a 17m pound winger from a team that got to the CL final last year. He needs to start playing. He's been here long enough now. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Disagree, first one was massively down to trez. He actually starts tracking rodrigo and then just stops. Rodrigo sprints and then he can't get close and it allows rodrigo to get a decent shot on goal. 

I blame trez for the first one more than any other player. 

I will rewatch the build up 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don't really see the point in blaming him for individual goals. 

He's just not a Premier League footballer. Never has been, and never will be. No amount of running around is going to change that. I'd rather see Ramsey on the wing if we're playing players because they run about a lot. 
We've signed a 17m pound winger from a team that got to the CL final last year. He needs to start playing. He's been here long enough now. 

Honestly reckon we'd been worse off the way Leeds play with Traore on instead. Would've been same situation with Grealish not playing the high line so would've got in behind whoever was RW

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Honestly reckon we'd been worse off the way Leeds play with Traore on instead. Would've been same situation with Grealish not playing the high line so would've got in behind whoever was RW

Shouldn't have signed Traore then if he can't play against teams that run around a lot. 

Â