Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Worst player on the pitch during the first half against Man United.  Was better after the break, but showed exactly why we need someone better on the right wing.  He presses well and has a lot of pace, but his decision making is extremely poor and was a defensive liability when he was back defending.  His scuffed clearance led directly to Man United's 2nd best chance of the half by Lingard.  Our fans have always really overrated players with good work ethic and poor technical ability, but he is the first player we need to drop, now that Samatta is out of the starting lineup.  

• Like 4

Half the time he looks like Bambi on ice yet that was as good a quick direct impossible to defend against cross as you'll ever see

EDIT: That said as much as I like the guy and the important goals he scored for us needs upgrading

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Worst player on the pitch during the first half against Man United.  Was better after the break, but showed exactly why we need someone better on the right wing.  He presses well and has a lot of pace, but his decision making is extremely poor and was a defensive liability when he was back defending.  His scuffed clearance led directly to Man United's 2nd best chance of the half by Lingard.  Our fans have always really overrated players with good work ethic and poor technical ability, but he is the first player we need to drop, now that Samatta is out of the starting lineup.  

Would you keep him on the bench though just to bring on for 15 minutes if  in trouble Just as something a bit different Or bomb him out altogether

Edited by Follyfoot

He gave the ball away a lot just like before, and Man U were pretty dominant. Having the ball stick better up front, to me, is the key to asserting ourselves on games better. But it was a good cross and good control though—he seemed to be better in the second half. I think expectations should be managed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He gave the ball away a lot just like before, and Man U were pretty dominant. Having the ball stick better up front, to me, is the key to asserting ourselves on games better. But it was a good cross and good control though—he seemed to be better in the second half. I think expectations should be managed!

This! A thousand times this.

Why I maintain a quality RW is the most important position to address unless we swap our existing players around and bring in quality in their previous positions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hopefully he pushes on in his second season. Looked encouraging yesterday 

At one point he was rumoured to be off to Turkey. I wouldn't begrudge him staying here though, he would be a very decent backup with the experience he has gained this season imo.

Hopefully Trez (and AEG) respond positively to the challenge of places in the starting XI and it spurs them on to improve.

I’ve always liked his effort but his final ball and finishing have lacked a little. 

it won’t be a bad thing having him and El Ghazi on the bench if needed and both will have cup games to contest too.

finally we could be getting a squad of useful players together! 

Let not forget this is the guy who scored the goals that kept us up - 2 against Palace and 1 against Arsenal. 

Don't get me wrong, i think we need to upgrade and i'm fully aboard the Rashica hype train - but that doesn't mean we just throw this guy on the scrap heap. A decent enough option for the bench/squad depth

• Like 3

I think he improved throughout the season and I have a soft spot for him now for life after those goals against Palace and Arsenal.

If he can continue in an upward trajectory I see no reason why he can’t continue to be a part of our match day squad on a regular basis.

I only rate Trez and AEG as bench players. However, AEG has proven he has no heart, cowardly pulling out of chances to score in case he gets slightly hurt. Seen it several times now. That's the main reason I think Trez has become more favoured on the pitch by Smith in my opinion. I'd keep Trez, who I also reckon will continue to improve, but get rid of AEG. Total snowflake.

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he improved throughout the season and I have a soft spot for him now for life after those goals against Palace and Arsenal.

If he can continue in an upward trajectory I see no reason why he can’t continue to be a part of our match day squad on a regular basis.

I do love it when he scores. That OMG I scored I'm so happy look

• Haha 1

Â