Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

As a squad player I definitely don’t mind him.

Wont be near the starting 11 this season but will hopefully continue to contribute from the bench.

Sometimes he has look on his face like has just no clue what’s going on, like he just woke up from a coma. 

Throw him on when we have nothing to lose.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be fair his best moments last season mainly came off the bench. 

Hopefully he is not an automatic starter for the rest of the season now. 

As it stands Traore will start ahead of him.

I'll be eternally thankful to him for his goals last season, but other than attacking the back post on set pieces he's utterly useless. Shame that el Ghazi is just as bad if not worse

I don't really get the reactions on here tonight.

I actually thought Trezeguet had a good game in terms of his work ethic. He covered a lot of ground and got back to cover Cash.

We all know that he's a weak link in the side which is why Traore has been brought in. But as a squad player or an impact player from the bench he is more than adequate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

His stats were good this game. 

3 key passes, joint most with Grealish and Mcginn on our team.

3 succesful tackles, more than anyone else on our team.

2 interceptions, joint most with Konsa and Cash on our team.

That’s Laughable, Chimp. 

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I actually thought Trezeguet had a good game in terms of his work ethic. He covered a lot of ground and got back to cover Cash.

We all know that he's a weak link in the side which is why Traore has been brought in. But as a squad player or an impact player from the bench he is more than adequate.

he does have excellent work ethic, which is something i see rarely or never in El Ghazi, so trez wins that area.

however, the guy is also our right winger/IF, and too often he offers nothing going forward.

i agree for where we are right now, he would be an ok squad player, so basically he needs to be a bench/impact player, which he isnt yet, but both trez and el ghazi need to be squad players (at least until either show they can offer more).

Hopefully Traore will offer more going forward, thus allowing Jack some more freedom when teams realise the name of the game isnt "just nobble jack and villa are done", we need a threat down both wings and currently we dont have that. (although cash looked good down the right on his debut)

i will be interested to see the targett/grealish and traore/cash wing plays (unless grealish moves central)

Edited by MaVilla

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I agree, and backed up by Chimp's stats you cant really argue against the fact he had a decent game.

However,  it was far from exceptional and left plenty of room for improvement.  He had a couple of decent first touches, but then didn't produce anything at the end of it. Not the worst player on the pitch,  but nothing to suggest he has completely turned the corner. I'd argue he keeps his spot for the next match, especially if Traore is still short on minutes, but glad to have competition for his position and hope Traore is good enough to make the position his. 

He easily looked like one of our best players before they changed shape following the red card. He works hard, he clearly has skill with a ball at his feet, honestly can't knock him for tonight. Definitely one to keep in the squad and he can make a difference coming of the bench

6 hours ago, Enda said:

That’s not what literally means.

Because I’m a pedant, the Oxford dictionary was updated to cover this:

c.  colloquial. Used to indicate that some (frequently conventional) metaphorical or hyperbolical expression is to be taken in the strongest admissible sense: ‘virtually, as good as’; (also) ‘completely, utterly, absolutely’.

How he ended up playing the whole match, I can't understand...Like other have said, he offers nothing going forward and not really the player you want to have on the pitch when Sheffield United occied the penalty area

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

How he ended up playing the whole match, I can't understand...Like other have said, he offers nothing going forward and not really the player you want to have on the pitch when Sheffield United occied the penalty area

Because El Ghazi is shit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because El Ghazi is shit

Maybe and so is Trez, but at least El Ghazi can take a man on from time to time and that was exactly what we needed against 10 men in the box. Not endless backpassing or hoofing it into the box for Sheffields players to head it away again. We kept on trying exactly the same things throughout the match, things that didnt work.

Just now, Taxahunter said:

Maybe and so is Trez, but at least El Ghazi can take a man on from time to time and that was exactly what we needed against 10 men in the box. Not endless backpassing or hoofing it into the box for Sheffields players to head it away again. We kept on trying exactly the same things throughout the match, things that didnt work.

El Ghazi did nothing against Burton Albion.

Did nothing to award him any minutes in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi did nothing against Burton Albion.

Did nothing to award him any minutes in the league.

So the same as Trezeguet...

El Ghazi can create something, even thou I rate Trez over him due to the defensive contribution. Yesterday, we should have subbed him in to make something happen.

You could toss a coin when deciding whether to play El Ghazi or Trezeguet. It really doesn't matter who starts and they both seem incapable of playing well for 90 minutes. 
If either of these players are starting in October, we will have failed badly in the transfer market. Can't wait to see the back of both of them. 

Â