Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

On 07/08/2020 at 09:50, Rolta said:

Express and Star sayng we're going to turn down any bids for him, but will listen to offers for El Ghazi.

Would rather the express n star be right for once, would rather keep Trez than Ghazi.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rayk said:

Trez is a trier that’s for sure, but El Ghazi has bags more talent imo.

I dont think either has more talent than the other to be fair, the only thing that stands out this season between the two is Trezegeut put in miles more hard work and yeah had goals to his game that help save us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Prime example of hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard, these two.

Anwar undoubtedly has more talent, but no balls.

Trez has much less natural talent (From what we have seen so far) but works so hard and I guess creates his own luck for those timely mammoth goals.

You can bet the squad appreciate him more as well for it.

I'm not so sure.

Earlyier in the season I'd of agreed, but there were alot of ways Trezegeut improved after lockdown which cant be said about Ghazi as he just seemed to get worse.

Trezegeut's positioning for his goals, suggested we finally had a player up front who caught on far post attacking, something we have missed every step of the way through the season. I think Trezegeut's awareness and i hope I'm right, came on leaps and bounds, and again his positioning, seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

I have not been a fan of Ghazi one bit last season after he slipped down and down and after his stunts on the pitch and joke of misses in front of goal. Hes got a long road ahead of him I think if hes to stay at Villa and be trusted to do a job again. Trezegeut however was showing at least he could grab a goal a game or two after lockdown.

If I were Smith I wouldnt trust Ghazi to do a job this coming season and I'd rather Youth be played over him. Ghazi just didnt look interested and looked frustrated with himself in a fair few games.

I do hope he shows me to be wrong though because no one likes to be right when they criticise a player because hes not doing his job on field, we all want all our players putting in the game of there lives week in week out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Trez is like the thing from another world on fast forward, I'd cash in asap and promote from youth if better not available.

No one would buy him for what we paid.

No point making a loss and having even fewer options on the wing.

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No one would buy him for what we paid.

No point making a loss and having even fewer options on the wing.

But he is no where near premiership quality and having finished the season with a couple of goals I thinks he is at his peak value right now, might take a bit of a hit but gets him out the door.

• Like 2

I think both are worth more to the squad than the £10m odd we’d be looking at getting, and neither is likely to be on huge wages.

No need to sell unless they want to leave, or we buy 4 new wingers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If we go into next season with AEG and Trezeguet as our only wide options we are in trouble again.

They should be backup only.

Absolutely. They should be 4th and 5th choices. 

4 hours ago, Thug said:

I think both are worth more to the squad than the £10m odd we’d be looking at getting, and neither is likely to be on huge wages.

No need to sell unless they want to leave, or we buy 4 new wingers

Exactly.

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i think we paid 15 million combined for Trez and El Ghazi. 10 goals and 5 assists between them

Individual players rated for double or triple the value but with shitter supply lines

Put them together you'd have a decent player actually. They're both capable in short bursts.

As they are, they're both bench fodder at best.

El Ghazi could click one day actually. Maybe. If he grew some balls.

Trezeguet won't. No brain and very shaky technique.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

I do however find it strange that in the transfer thread people were calling for us to sign ismaila Sarr for £30m-£40m.

Sarr got 4 goals and 4 assists in 2030 minutes

El Ghazi same in 2062 minutes

they may not be ‘brilliant’ but in terms of return, they look like bargains.

i think some of the criticism is a bit over the top for both players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I do however find it strange that in the transfer thread people were calling for us to sign ismaila Sarr for £30m-£40m.

Sarr got 4 goals and 4 assists in 2030 minutes

El Ghazi same in 2062 minutes

they may not be ‘brilliant’ but in terms of return, they look like bargains.

i think some of the criticism is a bit over the top for both players.

I agree...

Personally post-lockdown Trezeguet showed his ability, if he can continue to show some form he could start regularly for us.

El Ghazi again has the speed and technique but can he improve and show it consistently, if he can then great.

Guess a season in the PL for them both and pre-season should help alot.

Â