Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I'd keep Trez around because hes showed signed of getting better and improving and that's to do with the hard work he puts in.

Trez actually looks like he wants to be at Villa unlike Ghazi.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

I'd keep Trez around because hes showed signed of getting better and improving and that's to do with the hard work he puts in.

I would keep him so our FB keep the drama!

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nobody has been fooled - just some are grateful for the fact that he scored those goals. It really doesn't matter how you finish them if you score. 

I don't see anyone bigging him up or making him out to be a quality footballer - just people who believe that he can do a job as a squad player and has the capacity to improve. 

I’m obviously grateful for the goals he scored but on the flip side if he had done his job throughout the season we may not have needed such a strong finish?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

I’m obviously grateful for the goals he scored but on the flip side if he had done his job throughout the season we may not have needed such a strong finish?

Putting our relegation battle squarely at his feet is a bit strong, don't you think? 

19 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Completely agree.

Very poor footballer. People have been duped by the two goals v Palace and goal against Arsenal and seem to think he was much improved after restart. This is a false narrative. He was the player I was screaming at my tv more than anyone since restart in the games he played.

The only two players who improved after lockdown were Konsa and Luiz. People seem to say we were much improved but in reality we weren’t. We got 10 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

The goals Trez scored all seemed to be ones whereby they happened fast and he had little/zero time to think. Or whereby it was a half volley etc where he had to just make contact rather than generate the pace himself. His finishing and strike is actually very tame. I certainly was hoping he would be replaced before start of season. Don’t trust him as a footballer, he offers far more lows than highs. 

I want to be proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be.

Seems a bit harsh to me. His finish against arsenal was excellent. That was by no means easy, and it travelled across the whole box so he had plenty of time to think what he was going to do. Similar to Leicester in the semi final. The ball travelled along way before he finished. He finished really well here too. Seems odd to criticise someone because of the TYPES of goal they score. Any goal scored is a good goal and scorer must've done something right.

The thing I will criticise him on is that he heads down blind alleys and is about of a headless chicken sometimes. I think that's coachable and his decision making can improve. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'if he had done his job throughout the season we may not have needed such a strong finish?'

Still where have I placed blame squarely at his feet? I used the word ‘may’ To suggest  improved performances from him and the outcome possibly would be different in the sense we may have gained more points. We ‘may’ also have been in the same predicament but I’m not sure I’ve placed blame squarely on him.

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_1989 said:

Still where have I placed blame squarely at his feet? I used the word ‘may’ To suggest  improved performances from him and the outcome possibly would be different in the sense we may have gained more points. We ‘may’ also have been in the same predicament but I’m not sure I’ve placed blame squarely on him.

I was being a little creative with my language, but the implication that he had a sizable part to play in our plight was what I took exception to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Completely agree.

Very poor footballer. People have been duped by the two goals v Palace and goal against Arsenal and seem to think he was much improved after restart. This is a false narrative. He was the player I was screaming at my tv more than anyone since restart in the games he played.

The only two players who improved after lockdown were Konsa and Luiz. People seem to say we were much improved but in reality we weren’t. We got 10 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

The goals Trez scored all seemed to be ones whereby they happened fast and he had little/zero time to think. Or whereby it was a half volley etc where he had to just make contact rather than generate the pace himself. His finishing and strike is actually very tame. I certainly was hoping he would be replaced before start of season. Don’t trust him as a footballer, he offers far more lows than highs. 

I want to be proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be.

A half volley is probably harder to keep under control. He deserves credit for them.

3 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Completely agree.

Persuaded is the correct phrase, actually.

Although you say it as if goals don't matter. Which is very odd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah. I wouldn't even be surprised if he performed better than expected. He's not a very good PL player, and it's probably okay to argue he's a pretty poor one, but I think with a season under his belt he'll do better. His work rate is pretty good and if he just learns to do the basic stuff better, he'd do a job. 

Ironically I think Traore or and Trez will show a lot of the same stuff, i.e. good work rate, poor footballing brain and some brilliant moments and some outstanding ones. Not sold on either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. I wouldn't even be surprised if he performed better than expected. He's not a very good PL player, and it's probably okay to argue he's a pretty poor one, but I think with a season under his belt he'll do better. His work rate is pretty good and if he just learns to do the basic stuff better, he'd do a job. 

Ironically I think Traore or and Trez will show a lot of the same stuff, i.e. good work rate, poor footballing brain and some brilliant moments and some outstanding ones. Not sold on either. 

Stronger than we were this time last season.

20 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I know it is difficult for delicate happy clappers to admit we have players that aren’t very good, but to try and put a positive spin on Trezeguet is just ridiculous. 

Nope, what’s ridiculous is deriding a guy who ensured we didn’t start the season playing Wycombe, but each to their own.

He was our second top scorer last season so I shudder to think what your opinion must be of the rest of the squad.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I know it is difficult for delicate happy clappers to admit we have players that aren’t very good, but to try and put a positive spin on Trezeguet is just ridiculous. 

Bit harsh...

He works his bollocks off, was our second highest top scorer and his goals went a long way to assuring our survival in the Premier League...

He did a shite side more than a lot of the other players did, thats for sure...

On 13/09/2020 at 12:49, chrisvilla said:

I only rate Trez and AEG as bench players. However, AEG has proven he has no heart, cowardly pulling out of chances to score in case he gets slightly hurt. Seen it several times now. That's the main reason I think Trez has become more favoured on the pitch by Smith in my opinion. I'd keep Trez, who I also reckon will continue to improve, but get rid of AEG. Total snowflake.

I think it is because trez is a lot better with limited involvement. If trez gets no time to think he can produce a moment of magic. Which is what you need against a top side. But against relegation fodder I think el ghazi is the better player. He has. Ore technical ability but he has to grow into games he can't just come o. And do it. Against Everton when he scored against them he had 2 shots prior to it and was looking like one of the best players on the pitch. When he took the ball off mcginn he had a full head of steam but was composed and nut megged Gomez before slotting it in. Compare that to Everton at the end of the season his first touch was him making aovely run to the back post to meet Jack's ball. It was slightly behind him so he got under it but that is no excuse he should have put it in but because he didn't have the confidence of one or 2 decent plays from before he just skyed it.

But if we sign Rashica we will be in a good position as having both el ghazi and Trez as backup wingers will give us better depth there than all but the top 6 astrez and el ghazi are average premier league wingers. 

Â