Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I would like to keep both El Ghazi and Trez. Really appreciate Trez effort, at least he is trying, with admittable some lack of technical abilities. Unlike El Ghazi that seems to have more technical abilities, but lack the work-rate. I would keep both as squad players, but I do not believe they are up to be regular starters in Premier League

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thug said:

from January, obviously a lot happened since then,  but goes to show that we are probably being too critical. 

We're not though beacuse we're actually watching him play, not just looking at stats. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree...

Personally post-lockdown Trezeguet showed his ability, if he can continue to show some form he could start regularly for us.

El Ghazi again has the speed and technique but can he improve and show it consistently, if he can then great.

Guess a season in the PL for them both and pre-season should help alot.

He kicked the ball in the net well, but the rest was pretty awful! Respect to Trezeguet for scoring those goals. He should rightly be a cult figure, but I personally have no faith he is cut out for this league. Forget striker or any other position, a new winger (two even) is the most crucial signing we need to make (then a striker).

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

And are you watching the rest of the wingers for the other teams play?

This is an interesting point. But I'd hope the other wingers were better than giving the ball away most of the times they got it. I had a quick look and he got one assist. If that's right, then that's a poor reflection on his actual ability as a winger at this level.

The fact is we need a squad, it’s no good buying new players and binning all the old ones. We know Trez for example has weaknesses, but that’s to be expected for what he cost. The aim should be to buy a better winger but work on improving him too. He’ll be needed for rotation, injuries and bans etc so the better our second choice players are the better we are. 

Last season we often moaned about Smith not making changes quickly enough but when you look at our bench it wasn’t exactly packed with game changers. We need to buy players of course, but we need to also improve what we’ve already got. 

• Like 3

I like Trez. I think most here seem to be in agreement for once, he's not naturally technically brilliant, but he tries hard and he must have some footballing intelligence to get in the right place at the right time. He has the stuff that's hard to teach, so if he can learn a trick or two and he keeps applying himself he could be a valuable asset. He shouldn't be first choice, and I hope we bring in stronger, but I like him.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, blunther said:

I like Trez. I think most here seem to be in agreement for once, he's not naturally technically brilliant, but he tries hard and he must have some footballing intelligence to get in the right place at the right time. He has the stuff that's hard to teach, so if he can learn a trick or two and he keeps applying himself he could be a valuable asset. He shouldn't be first choice, and I hope we bring in stronger, but I like him.

Agree. I think he has one of those genius minds that are constantly whizzing about at 500mph but his body can't handle it. Hence why he ends up looking clumsy. It's like all the options are available to him and instead of taking one he takes them all. 

On a serious note he just needs to go for the simple option. His finishing is good. As one or two have mentioned I wouldn't mind seeing him as a second striker to see if the more instinctive nature of that position will suit him?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Agree. I think he has one of those genius minds that are constantly whizzing about at 500mph but his body can't handle it. Hence why he ends up looking clumsy. It's like all the options are available to him and instead of taking one he takes them all. 

On a serious note he just needs to go for the simple option. His finishing is good. As one or two have mentioned I wouldn't mind seeing him as a second striker to see if the more instinctive nature of that position will suit him?

I love that 1st paragraph, absolutely brilliant.

I'm not a fan but can see the sense in having a good balanced squad, I hope he proves me wrong and improves to be good enough for the squad because hard workers do deserve something. 

• Like 1

I really hopenhe kicks on this season (ghazi also).

But I also wouldn't want to leave that to chance, we need a new rw/if and trez/ghazi meed to show their improvement over the course of the season imo.

If we go in to this season without a new rw/if I will be concerned.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I said it last season and I’ll say it again, there is something really likeable about Trez. He’s not the most skilful but does appear in the right place a lot. A think last year will do him well and we’ll see more from him this season. 

I said as well how can a player that scores against Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves Leicester and Arsenal be a shit player? If shit players can pull that off someone give me a crack at the villa team.

He might surprise a few this season. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Players like Trez always needed those 30+ games in the PL. He will be a better player, but competition can only be a plus.

Him and Anwar will have no choice but to up their game this season if they have any hope of playing. With Rashica and possibly one other coming in + Jack being the best of the lot who can start out wide, they're going to need to be on point. Can only be a good thing for Aston Villa.

• Thanks 1

Â