Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's as ridiculous as trying to ignore the fact that if it wasn't for his goals after the break we would probably be having this conversation in the Championship.

This was an ill thought out post.

I'm not sure where the "happy clappers" you spoke of have pretended as if he is a world beater.

99 percent of us have said he has won points with us due to his extremely important goals and his willingness to work hard - hence will be given a chance to see if he can improve or at least play a part in some way.

The consensus on Trezeguet as a player over the course of the season has been pretty unanimous for the most part.

Note: Are happy clappers the ones who don't make a theme of consistently shitting on our players and club?

Who doesn't know we need better players?

You’ve actually proven what I’m talking about. He was diabolical over the course of the season, but because he scored a couple of goals you now say he deserves a place in the squad. By that logic, we’ll never improve. Just admit that a rubbish player is rubbish and shouldn’t be playing. 

To answer your question, a happy clapper is someone who puts an unjustifiably positive spin on things and simply cannot accept any criticism of the club or players. Like you have done with Trezeguet, for example. 

10 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

You’ve actually proven what I’m talking about. He was diabolical over the course of the season, but because he scored a couple of goals you now say he deserves a place in the squad. By that logic, we’ll never improve. Just admit that a rubbish player is rubbish and shouldn’t be playing. 

To answer your question, a happy clapper is someone who puts an unjustifiably positive spin on things and simply cannot accept any criticism of the club or players. Like you have done with Trezeguet, for example. 

I don't even know where to start... but ok. ( Maybe someone else has the energy )

Hopefully we can sign 7 - 15 more first team players before October 5th.

* Posted via the Happy Clap app :)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's as ridiculous as trying to ignore the fact that if it wasn't for his goals after the break we would probably be having this conversation in the Championship.

This was an ill thought out post.

I'm not sure where the "happy clappers" you spoke of have pretended as if he is a world beater.

99 percent of us have said he has won points with us due to his extremely important goals and his willingness to work hard - hence will be given a chance to see if he can improve or at least play a part in some way.

The consensus on Trezeguet as a player over the course of the season has been pretty unanimous for the most part.

Note: Are happy clappers the ones who don't make a theme of consistently shitting on our players and club?

Who doesn't know we need better players?

Good post but I have to disagree with the bolded bit. I got absolutely slated here for saying he could turn out more useful than AEG.

• Like 1

He seems to be in same position as Elmo a season or 2 ago ,  a small section of our fan base refuse to give him any of the respect he deserves, for Elmo it only seemed to change this season and these people seemed to show him some bit of respect 

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Good post but I have to disagree with the bolded bit. I got absolutely slated here for saying he could turn out more useful than AEG.

To be fair most of us thought AEG had the ability that should allow him to translate it to better output. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case and we've been found wanting because of it. Trezeguet definitely has the better game off the ball which suits the premier League. He also scored absolutely huge goals for us that ultimately meant we stay up. 

Trezeguet > AEG and I don't see that changing. 4th 5th choice both of them in the premier League and that's for the bottom 8 clubs. 

One doesn't have the technical ability the other the mental aptitude. With the chances they both missed however they could have had 9/10 goals each.

They are both deficient in too many areas to be your first choice wide player. I hope they contribute positively to us this season as they're going to be needed due to the fixture congestion. The nastiness towards them though is simply uncalled for. Whether that's here or social media it doesn't work.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not saying it is good, but isn't that actually safety form?  ( A point per match )

🤣 just about 😏

But I guarantee 38 points next season and Smith won’t be in charge the following year, even DS will be hoping he’s not relying on Trez.

Depends if we get Rashica in or not but can see Traore one side and Jack on the left. At least him and AEG will be relegated to the bench

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

He seems to be in same position as Elmo a season or 2 ago ,  a small section of our fan base refuse to give him any of the respect he deserves, for Elmo it only seemed to change this season and these people seemed to show him some bit of respect 

I wonder if @Pimlico_Villa refused to celebrate Alan Huttons mini resurgence and solo goal as well. As it could probably be viewed as being a sensitive "Happy Clapper" to acknowledge an overall "poor" player  for us doing positive things for us.

" Facepalms in Happy Clap "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if @Pimlico_Villa refused to celebrate Alan Huttons mini resurgence and solo goal as well. As it could probably be viewed as being a sensitive "Happy Clapper" to acknowledge an overall "poor" player  for us doing positive things for us.

" Facepalms in Happy Clap "

On the contrary. I’d actually build a statue of Hutton outside VP. Genuinely loved him. 

4 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Who would you have in the squad instead from the players we have available? Trezeguet should be on our bench therefore in the squad.

It looks like he has spent time in the gym and eating porridge over the summer, he looks stronger, has won more physical battles than I'm used to seeing him do. Showed some really good skill at a couple of situations so far, then towards the end of the half looked more like last season's Trez. I think he will score in the second!

Â